Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Block Coolant Plugs?

L

LarryBible

I have never been able to find the block plugs on the Vette. Where I think they should be is the oil cooler connection on the left and the oil temperature sensor on the right.

When flushing the coolant it is difficult to get enough out of the entire system to get in 7 quarts of antifreeze. My book shows the entire cooling system to hold 14 quarts.

The factory manual even says to remove the block plugs, but it doesn't show where they are located.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Have a great day,

Ha...welll

The knock sensor is one, and the mirror side of the block is 2.

The Block drain holes are center line on the side if the block...1" above the oil pan seam.

And Larry I would NOT run 50/50 mix in Texas

I mean really.. when was the last time it SNOWED in TEXAS..... it states on the JUG

ANTI FREEZE........

I just put this in mine

70 percent distilled water
25 percent Anti freeze ( the green stuff )
5 percent watter wetter

I dropped another 5 Degrees.

Vig!

vigman,

I only run 50/50 because I have always read to do this for proper corrosion prevention. Does the water wetter help with corrosion prevention?

BTW, we always get a little snow in my part of the state, (NorthEast) sometimes, a pretty good bit of snow. Christmas of 2000, we had a terrible sleet storm that ruined many of my trees and put us without power for a week. In support of what you say, however, it is very rare for us to have temperatures as low as the single Farenheit digits.

Thanks,

Like in the beer comercial..it's the water!

So the WATER does the primary amount of the heat exchange, the more water better exchange of heat.. the coolant acts as a lube and a rust inhibitor...... but there will NOT be much difference between 50/50 & 70/30 in your area... so you are adding 20% more heat exchange and trading off 20% on the freeze protection.

The Water Wetter acts as an additional lube and some anti corrosion... but it increases the solubility of the water..

Now it's NOT a cure all..but it DID help me 5-7 degrees avg.

I'm not 100% sure if just the water increase or the combo made the difference.

www.redlineoil.com

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom