Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

block numbers?

M

MichelP

Hey guys, I have a question.

On my engine on the tab in front of the head theres a number punched along the last digits of the serial number it reads "T1IOICSR"
What do they mean?

Bonjour Michel,

The numbers that you are talking about are punched at the engine plant when the engine was built. They break down as follows:
T = Tonawanda Engine Plant
11 = November
01 = First Day of the Month
CSR = This Engine Code indicates 454 cu. in, 270HP, Rochester Q-Jet, Hyd Lifters, K19 Smog Pump, 4 Speed Trans

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Brian

Tanks Fuelie,
That was fast, I'll start to get lazy and wont search so much for that kind of info! you guys have all the answer allready.
Merci.

These people are great. I didn't know what kind of engine had been put in my car. Gaveout the number and 5 minutes later was told all about it. Fantastic knowledge base here.

Can anyone tell me of a source for info on Chevy engines other than Corvettes? They are all well documented here, but I can't find stamp pad info on other models. I've found Mortec has all the casting numbers listed, but no stamp pad suffixes. Any ideas? Thanks!

Craig

Thanks Tom, and all others here with the 4-1-1! (information #) I did look on that site before, but didn't find the right section. I, like many of you, have a pile of (engine) parts in the back of the garage, and after so many I years forget what came from where - except the 4 bolt block! Thanks again Tom.

Craig

Hey guys, I have a question.

On my engine on the tab in front of the head theres a number punched along the last digits of the serial number it reads "T1IOICSR"
What do they mean?

The letter I and the number 1 are used interchangeably. That adds to the confusion.

Also, the letter O and the number 0. More confusing. :) Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom