Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BLOWING A LT5

Couldn't someone contact Callaway and just ask them how many they did? It's not like you are asking for owner info or anything.

Just a thought. Like imagining a TT ZR-1!! WOWSERS!!!! :lou

Jim

I can assure you that car has never gone 268 or what they claim the speed is

Aurora40 said:
Those wheels are my least fave of ones Callaway used on C4's though.

I really like the Dymags. I'll bet that car can be more than a little fun.

Jim

Right, I know that. I was referring to Aurora's post about him not liking those rims. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Thanks anyway! :upthumbs

Jim

I'd say the good run down is:
4 LPE
1 SGC with more to come (Maybe)
3 Callaway
1 Geiger
1 or 2 Mallet cars.

Roguhly a dozen on the planet at most.

South Georgia Corvette is doing a twin turbo now: http://www.sgvette.com/. Have a stock engine running with low boost and are working on a low compression engine in order to run higher boost, that I believe is a 368.

ronbidwell said:
South Georgia Corvette is doing a twin turbo now: http://www.sgvette.com/. Have a stock engine running with low boost and are working on a low compression engine in order to run higher boost, that I believe is a 368.

That should be done in the next 10-20 years

I saw ANOTHER single turbo ZR-1 at Haibeck's shop that he is working on tuning. I think it's the long rumoured Performance Tech car from TX.

I would be very interested in seeing what the STS style turbos could do on the ZR-1. A rear mount liquid intercooler system would be cool too and ease the cooling situation.

the LPE and Callaway turbo ZR-1s are an amazing work of art but not destined to be repeated.

I have been chasing after the TT ZR-1 for a long time and even had a chance to buy them but never could muster the high $$$$

at this point, the C6 TT looks much more feasible to me.

let me know if you have questions, I've done quite a bit of research on the TT options on the ZR-1 and have experience with my Turbo Buick.

FYI,

the turbo buick makes 410 RWHP on only 16 psi on pump gas. another 150 or so by turning the wick up to 26 psi on full race gas.

just getting the car back today from a blown HG (not that uncommon unfortunately). took the opportunity to port the heads!!!

about the only options right now for a Turbo ZR-1 are at SGC but don't expect it anytime soon. it's very costly and labor intensive.

Haibeck and EHS may be doing them in the future, but it will not be a quick, easy or inexpensive project. expect on a 368 style rebuild as a starting point to lower the compression.

IMHO, going with a stroker is much more feasible and will give you very impressive power.

rkreigh said:
I saw ANOTHER single turbo ZR-1 at Haibeck's shop that he is working on tuning. I think it's the long rumoured Performance Tech car from TX.

I would be very interested in seeing what the STS style turbos could do on the ZR-1. A rear mount liquid intercooler system would be cool too and ease the cooling situation.

the LPE and Callaway turbo ZR-1s are an amazing work of art but not destined to be repeated.

I have been chasing after the TT ZR-1 for a long time and even had a chance to buy them but never could muster the high $$$$

at this point, the C6 TT looks much more feasible to me.

let me know if you have questions, I've done quite a bit of research on the TT options on the ZR-1 and have experience with my Turbo Buick.

FYI,

the turbo buick makes 410 RWHP on only 16 psi on pump gas. another 150 or so by turning the wick up to 26 psi on full race gas.

just getting the car back today from a blown HG (not that uncommon unfortunately). took the opportunity to port the heads!!!

about the only options right now for a Turbo ZR-1 are at SGC but don't expect it anytime soon. it's very costly and labor intensive.

Haibeck and EHS may be doing them in the future, but it will not be a quick, easy or inexpensive project. expect on a 368 style rebuild as a starting point to lower the compression.

IMHO, going with a stroker is much more feasible and will give you very impressive power.

I know another shop doing TT ZR-1's.

rkreigh said:
so who is it, and what do you know, again DETAILS!!!

I don't know much other than the fact that he is moving to a new shop and is planning at least 2 TT cars

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom