Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Body kit and carbon fiber hood is finally all Pau!! (finished)

• Thread starter Da Hawaiian Punch
  • Start date
D

Da Hawaiian Punch

I thought some of you might be interested in, the body kit was added and part of the hood is now carbon fiber with a picture of a carbon fibered Dragon in the center of the hood..

c117fed1.jpg

86fd3358.gif

72977a6c.jpg

The center part of the hood was cut out and replaced by carbon fiber, then and sticker of a Dragon was placed in it's spot, painted over, then peeled away and WALLA!! the result is what you see.

20b9ed9d.jpg

Hey Brah,

You didn't tell me bout the carbon fiber Dragon on the hood. When did you decide to do that? It really looks sharp. Who made your body kit or where did you get it from? I like the way the front spoiler looks.

I got my intake manifold so this weekend I'm starting the change to include the Hotcam and new valve covers. Not to mention the D44 rear. I got new wheel bearings to go in it but haven't got them in yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I'll be seeing you soon.

C ya
:w

Hrtbeat1 said:
Hey Brah,

You didn't tell me bout the carbon fiber Dragon on the hood. When did you decide to do that? It really looks sharp. Who made your body kit or where did you get it from? I like the way the front spoiler looks.

I got my intake manifold so this weekend I'm starting the change to include the Hotcam and new valve covers. Not to mention the D44 rear. I got new wheel bearings to go in it but haven't got them in yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I'll be seeing you soon.

C ya
:w
Oh I guess I forgot to mention to you about the Dragon.:D actully the guy who did me car, it was his idea...........and he did it for free, no charge, it was a spuirt of the moment thing.

Shoot man we must be on the same wave length again Gerald, I'm installing my hotcam/valve springs next weekend along with the polished valve covers thats been setting under my bed now for months already, no rear end to install though, please, please let me know yea on the performence gains you get so I'll have some extra insentive to install mine when my back starts killing me again while we're working on mine. :L

The body kit I got from here.......... www.c5west.com

invinceablevett said:
Wow......your transformation is complete now.
yea finaly, it's been 3 years in the making. :)

Just for your info (whos ever is interested) these are samples of road race car's in which I used as a "templet" to try to make my car look like, I did a lot of photo researching.....

261ROE383racer-med.jpg

11079Willow_Vette-med.jpg

8Daytona_950004-med.jpg

8Daytona_950002-med.jpg

11079Vettes_at_Willow.jpg

urbsilverracer.jpg

1callaway-med.jpg

8Daytona_950001-med.jpg

damn brah looking good!

i always liked your car! love the wing. really looks good on a slammed C4! i've been sitting on cam and intake for about a year now......lol waiting for a set of D port 113 heads to come off a vette now :D

then it's party time with some juice! :D

Looks good.
To bad I'm on the other side of the rock and leave on Sat...

How's it ,I thought you took a few links out of the island chain and floated away!

Vet looks great did you give up on the NOS dry kit for now?

I guess mad mike wants to squirt his car? but he will find the way it is now with a 125 shot he would break it into the 11's.

I guess da kine vet will not be allowed out in Hawaii.
I hope your gun is not loaded you know about our Hawaiian drivers and our short parking places.
Did you do the mods or did you have it done?;)
Did you sneek those headers around as side pipes like the ones in the grey vet?
I just stick my safety stickers in the center of the license plate.

redc4corvette said:
How's it ,I thought you took a few links out of the island chain and floated away!

Vet looks great did you give up on the NOS dry kit for now?

I guess mad mike wants to squirt his car? but he will find the way it is now with a 125 shot he would break it into the 11's.

I guess da kine vet will not be allowed out in Hawaii.
I hope your gun is not loaded you know about our Hawaiian drivers and our short parking places.
Did you do the mods or did you have it done?;)
Did you sneek those headers around as side pipes like the ones in the grey vet?
I just stick my safety stickers in the center of the license plate.
Eh Howzit!! Thanks for the comps guy!! Yea I gave up on the dry stuff cause I wasnt using it, only playing with the purge!;LOL so I dropped the nitro thing and gonna slip in a hotcam next week some time.

The cop's over here (Oahu) they get all LOLO when we put the sticker on the licsene plates, thats why I made that contraption you see on the back, it looks better now since I polished it up and shapped it a little better then it was in that picture. :D

The body kit and dragon I did not do my self, one of the very few times I will say that about my car.

Howzit on your island over there?

Coupe89 said:
Looks good.
To bad I'm on the other side of the rock and leave on Sat...
Thanks for the compliment, so your saying your on this island (Oahu) right now but on the windward side? let me know so we can hook up at least for a few minutes before you leave the islands.

I'm at my in-laws in Kaimuki.

redc4corvette said:
a 150 shot H/C/I i wanna go 10's and get thrown off the track :D

I know what you mean about the book them dano 5-O's
They gave me an invite for a $172 speed no front lic $55.00 and did not like my 5 point harness they would rather see a 12 year old seat belt holding me in the car $77.00.
New police cheif over here.
Mike you sound as bad as me when I turned 11.21 got my slip ,the track mgr jumped out from behind the ticket booth like a cop and said where are your fire proof gloves shoes and jacket?
Then he droped me back to the 12.90 class.
The next month I had the junk and now it's cool.
Don't forget the drive shaft loops got mine for $100.00.:_rock

redc4corvette said:
I know what you mean about the book them dano 5-O's
They gave me an invite for a $172 speed no front lic $55.00 and did not like my 5 point harness they would rather see a 12 year old seat belt holding me in the car $77.00.
New police cheif over here.
Mike you sound as bad as me when I turned 11.21 got my slip ,the track mgr jumped out from behind the ticket booth like a cop and said where are your fire proof gloves shoes and jacket?
Then he droped me back to the 12.90 class.
The next month I had the junk and now it's cool.
Don't forget the drive shaft loops got mine for $100.00.:_rock
that no frontal stuff really sucks rotten eggs man,and a ticket for a 12 point harness? maybe because it (in they're minds) will hender you to get out of the car quickly if theres an emergency or the fire fighters might have a hard time getting you out or what ever, I dont know, but aint those 12 point harnesses supposed to be quick release?

5 point harness is not only quick release but the air bag when it blows would crush me anyway.
Well I am going to hay it's2 tk later.
ALOHA.

what did you do to lower your car? the standard lowering kit, or more? do you have 18 inch wheels all around? and do you have clearance issues with the front when you turn the wheel?

Your car looks awesome!

redc4corvette said:
5 point harness is not only quick release but the air bag when it blows would crush me anyway.
Well I am going to hay it's2 tk later.
ALOHA.
Damn I wrote 12 point yea? opp's wrong number of harnesses.

Vettelt193 said:
what did you do to lower your car? the standard lowering kit, or more? do you have 18 inch wheels all around? and do you have clearance issues with the front when you turn the wheel?

Your car looks awesome!
Aloha, Mahalo (thanks) for the nice commplement about my ride,

I didnt even concider the so called "lowering kit" (2 wedges and 2 nut's & bolt's) Assuming that you'll know what I'm talking about, about the wedges and how to get to them.

I cut the stock wedges off completely, switched them to the other side of the spring, then bolted everything back together, but before I did, I also cut off the wedges that are on each end of the "leaf" spring which sit's in the "A-arm, or some call it the "A-frame" leaving just a little bit left there on the spring, then put everything back together and there you go, the lowest you can go with this type of suspension with out having to go to coil overs, and no, they do not even come close to rubbing, the ride is a little more stiff, but nearly like those imports and/or mimni trucks who do the same thing as far as lowering they're ride, you will scrap the bottom more then nomal.............which is, well, normal, nothing to serious onless it's a speed bumb that a 4X4 would have a hard time going over ;LOL .

some car's will need a wheel alinement, mine was out of aline very slightly and that was it.

The rims are 18/10 1/2 wide with 295/30/18's on back front's are 17/9 1/2 with 265/40/17's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom