Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bodyremoval

tractorgary

Corvette
1964 corvette convertible red
I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON REMOVING THE BODY FROM MY 64 CORVETTE CONVERTIBE. THE PROPER PLACEMENT IN WHEEL OPENINGS TO SET LIFT ARMS ON MY HOIST, I AM A TRACTOR RESTORER FROM IOWA, NOT AS SMART AS SOME OF THESE GUYS. THANKYOU FOR ANY INFORMATION YOU COULD OFFER :cool!: THIS IS MY SECOND ATEMPT DID'NT DO THE TITLE RIGHT

I think you've duplicated posts, but here is a duplication of the answer I provided on your other post:

There's not a lot to it. A couple of hints, though:

• I put brand new rubber pads on my lift pads before doing my lift and my drop - just to assure that I didn't do any damage to my wheel openings.
  • Make sure all 4 pads contact all 4 wheel openings at the same time so the lift loads are evenly distributed.
  • Do the lift with the doors in place and closed.
  • I jammed paint sticks into the top rear gaps on my doors so the body could not flex - the paint sticks kept the body straight.
  • Lift slow and watch the splash guard protrusions in the forward, lower corners of the rear wheel wells - these tend to get caught and break during a lift. It helps if the chassis is sitting on wheel dollies during the lift so you can jockey it around.
Lars

I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON REMOVING THE BODY FROM MY 64 CORVETTE CONVERTIBE. THE PROPER PLACEMENT IN WHEEL OPENINGS TO SET LIFT ARMS ON MY HOIST, I AM A TRACTOR RESTORER FROM IOWA, NOT AS SMART AS SOME OF THESE GUYS. THANKYOU FOR ANY INFORMATION YOU COULD OFFER :cool!: THIS IS MY SECOND ATEMPT DID'NT DO THE TITLE RIGHT

With a 2-post hoist, we usually pick the body up with the pads under the front and rear of the steel birdcage sill panel.

:beer

REAR1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom