Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borla & Corsa @ Carlisle

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
This year while at Carlisle I stopped by the Borla tent to listen to the
sales guys. They were actually telling customers that they would get
a 30 HP increase as a result of installing a Borla exhaust system.

Being the swell guy that I am - I asked if they would be willing to do
a before and after dyno test on any of thier customers cars. The dyno
was located very near their install tent and I offered to split the expense
with them. Can you imagine - I was asked to leave.

I then went over to the Corsa tent and made the same offer. I was asked
to leave that tent as well. Honestly - I just don't know what to make of these guys.

Remo:cool
LongShotLeft.JPG

Boy, Remo, you sure know how to stir things up, don't you?!! ;LOL

Elaine

Must have been slow at Remo & Guy's playground. I thought it was Janine's turn to watch him. :boogie

:w
Guy - Don't blame me - I was selling.

Exhaust wars

interesting post, Remo...You would think they would welcome objectivity. This demonstrates how marketing hype seems to rule our world.. Sorry I didn't get by to speak like I did last year..kept getting sidetracked. I did manage to leave on Sat. before the storm. Hope you made out OK

Vendors Speak With Forked Tongues

interesting post, Remo...You would think they would welcome objectivity. This demonstrates how marketing hype seems to rule our world.

Tony,

I think you and I see this issue the same. The problem isn't isolated to Borla or Corsa - it exists throughout the aftermarket "bolt on" community. Carlisle is a target rich invironment because all the major misleading suppliers attend. I'm considering making the same offer to some of the other suppliers of nationally recognized brands next year.

LongShotLeft.JPG

Just do it for the sound!!

When I bought my aftermarket exhaust, I just did it for the sound. I love it so much, I havn't listened to a cd or the radio in three years.

Dave

Hey Remo, have the guy put that in writing. Then do the before and after dyno run and post the numbers;). My bet is that they will not put that claim in writing.

I have read both those claims in some of the aftermarket sellers such as Ecklers and Mid-America. It is funny to read their fine print disclaimers such as “up to 5 HP gain on the Z-06”. That for me is the prime reason I still have the stock exhaust on my Z and I intend, for now, to keep it stock. I just cannot see paying $700-$1000 just to get 5 more ponies and a little better sounding exhaust. Instead, I’ll take the cost of the Borlas/Corsas and invest in a set of long tube headers with some high-flow cats. I know that both Borla and Corsa offer lifetime warranties on their products. But you cannot bet the longevity and the light weight of the Titanium exhaust system on the Z either. And, the flow is just as good as either of the 2 above providing you have a good set of long tube headers and high-flow cats.

Check out the replacement cost of the Z’s exhaust. I asked a couple of retailers at Carlisle what it would cost to replace the exhaust system on the Z. Their quotes were between $1200-$1500 bucks/side. If Todd is around you can ask him as well because we were in search all weekend at Carlisle for a set of Z-06 exhaust for his C-5. We did find one set. The guy wanted $1500 bucks.

Hey Todd, were are you:w.

:w
HD

Tony,

I think you and I see this issue the same. The problem isn't isolated to Borla or Corsa - it exists throughout the aftermarket "bolt on" community. Carlisle is a target rich invironment because all the major misleading suppliers attend. I'm considering making the same offer to some of the other suppliers of nationally recognized brands next year.

LongShotLeft.JPG

"I'm considering making the same offer to some of the other suppliers of nationally recognized brands next year."

Then you won't be able to get into ANYONE's tent the next year! :D

Keep 'em on their toes Remo. :L

:wJane Ann

Alas, Jane Ann, I fear that this may just be the first symptom of Remo's seasonal Corvette Acute Separation Anxiety. (CASA, for short.) After all, the snow will begin flying in his neck of the woods before the end of September, and you know what this means: Remo's Corvette will go into Guy's garage, and we'll have six months of Remo stirring the pot here on the forums.

*SIGH* Remo's starting a bit early this year, and with the guys at Borla and Corso, too. Time to start stocking up on his winter meds.

-Patrick

What, you didn't find the Performance Hood Seal tent and agitate?!! :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom