Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borla Exhaust Installation

Homer

Corvette
2003 Coupe, Black (named Lucille)
I've decided to upgrade to Borla Stingers for my 2003 Coupe. I'd like to do it myself but I'm concerned about having enough clearance with just jack & jackstands. Has anyone done this swap themselves - with just jack & jackstands ?

Thanks - looks like it will work for me !

http://www.97vette.com/howto/mufflers/index.html also had a link to another forum, which had installation tips for Borla Stingers - in it the author said that "For automatics, you must cut....." - is there really cutting necessary either for the removal or installation ??

I had Mieneke install mine, cost $100 (I did keep the old exhaust should I decide to trade the car in at a later date). From looking at the stock exhaust after removal I do not see any torch cuts on anything (I know they did cut the old bolts with a torch, but I did not see them cut anything else). Borla may be able to provide a .pdf file for the install.

Just a note they are loud! Wife commented that she does not like driving the Vette as much with the new exhaust as opposed to the stock exhaust ;) , I on the other hand like the muscle car sound :upthumbs .

I got mine shipped to house for $660 from a Borla Distributer, the price now I think is $690 (these are for 4 tip round).

Borlas.JPG

Cheers
Beer

Big Beer said:
Just a note they are loud! Wife commented that she does not like driving the Vette as much with the new exhaust as opposed to the stock exhaust ;) ,

Cheers
Beer
That's a good thing!:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom