Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borla or Corsa?

Oh, yes, almost forgot, the Corsas (either model) will not give you any interior resonance ("hum").

Having driven a 454hp Cartek C5 FRC this weekend for about 200 miles -- I believe it had a fairly open Borla system -- rrrresssonnnacccce was dddefiniitteellllly therrreee.

As a matter of faccccct, I cannnn stttttillll heeaaarr it and ffeeeeelllllll it.

But, ..... to eeeeeachhhhh his ownnnnn.

LOL....I dont have a 454hp Cartek C5, but I want to be shaking once i get out of my C5...thats for sure ;)

I have Corsa Indy and it sounds oh so sweet :upthumbs They make the car really sound like a vette should.

Just got the Corsa Touring Edition and Crossover Pipe installed. The combination is what I was looking for - no resonance, quiet at cruise, great sound at WOT, and, and, and. The tips look great as well. I am quite satisfied with the Corsa. If anyone wants a barely used factory exhaust from the cats back, please contact me.

Loud or Not...

Hello everyone...
I am new to the C5 forums, as I just became the proud owner of a 1999 FRC !!!! Sweeeetttttt... I just purchased a borla system, it's either the stinger or XR1, can't remember now, but I will be installing it this week. My C4 (LT4 CE) was running what I considered to be a quiet yet deep note, with no resonance, however, I am ready for a little noise ! I have also purchased a vortex rammer, and Hurst shifter, so I will be tightening up the old FRC a notch in pretty quick order ! I look forward to getting to know everyone in this new forum, and look forward also to future upgrade advice from all the experts we have !

:w
Steve.

Welcome Steve..

Sounds like you've got some extra fun planned for that FRC!

Very cool

JB

I just installed the Corsa Touring system on our 2001 Convertible and was very impressed. Sounds a lot better but is not overly loud. Also there is no cockpit noise at cruise speeds.

Mike

4 months ago, I installed a set of Borla 4 tip stingers and a magnaflow X pipe. The sound is fantastic. I did a lot of research and I did like the Corsa Indy's, but the sound was kind of techno and I really wanted that American muscle sound. The Borla's delivered and I could not be any happier. I am not getting any resonance, at cruising they are barely noticeable, but when you step on the gas... *Big Smile*!!!

The decision on what to buy is strictly subjective; however, I would highly recommend that you log some time with other Vette owners who are usually more than willing to let you hear their exhaust mods.

One last bit of information... When I first installed the pipes I thought the sound was a tad too much, but after a months usage I believe that the pipes became "seasoned" and the sound became exactly what I was looking for.

Hopes this info. helps and good luck!

B&B PRT work

My98 was so quiet I ordered Corsa Tourings at 5,000 miles, but they were too quiet, so I up the anty to Corsa Indys, Yeah that's better, like a gas turbine at 3,500 WOT.
However, last month I was rearended on the Wash DC beltway and my Indys were killed.
I wanted a straight pipe for flow to work with the TPIS headers and 3.73 gear. I have a 6 speed.
After checking listening and calling arround, I ordered Chuck Malletts version of B&B with the PRT noise reduction technique.
I was worried, would it be too loud, too much reasonance etc.
Bottom line, it sounds great, much more throaty and big block like, and roars at WOT. Slight reasonance at 1,500=1,800 but not at all bad. I have also insulated my rear deck area and that helps keep road noise and tire rumble down.
I can hear the pipes but not loud and the single tip is 4 inches diameter that looks pretty darn cool.
And a straight through flow no 90 or 180 degree turns with switchbacks, just straight out the back.

Borla's....

Hi Everybody !:w

I finally got the Borla system installed, and I am REALLY happy !:D :D :D :TALK :dance Now, my vette sounds like a vette should ! Very Muscular, haven't noticed any resonance either ! Man, I just fell in love with my car all over again ! OK, after driving for a couple of day's, I did notice considerable noise inside the car. It is very managable though, you just grab another gear to lower your RPM's, and it goes away ! Step on the go pedal, and it's all 1960's big block growl... YES !!!!!!!

:w
Steve.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom