Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bosch fuel injectors?

Hib
Correct. However the aftermarket injectors (the good ones) have a tighter tolerance between injectors. Eight injectors which are guaranteed to deliver fuel within +/- 1% are better than ones rated at +/- 3% or more.

Fuel Injector cleaning and matching - blueprint injector flow test pulse test

Injector Repair LLC: Knowledge Base of fuel injectors and injection information The formulas are interesting but meaningless for most of us. ;)

Basically the tighter the tolerance between properly sized injectors, the better the car will run, tune, economy etc.

It is rather complicated; however essentially the injectors need to deliver the correct amount of fuel with the least amount of deviation between injectors.

Hib
Correct. However the aftermarket injectors (the good ones) have a tighter tolerance between injectors. Eight injectors which are guaranteed to deliver fuel within +/- 1% are better than ones rated at +/- 3% or more. (snip)
I agree. In cases of replacement injectors, I use nothing but RC Engineering Injectors. Every set I've ever tested vary between 0.5% and 1.5%

Basically the tighter the tolerance between properly-sized
injectors, the better the car will run, tune, economy etc.
No argument, there.

It is rather complicated; however essentially the injectors need to deliver the correct amount of fuel with the least amount of deviation between injectors.

How is that complicated? Seems pretty simple to me.

How is that complicated? Seems pretty simple to me.

Not complicated at all to buy; however, as there are a lot of tolerances involved, not easy to manufacture. Which is why they cost more than compatible to OEM replacements. OEM probably has the largest deviation from nominal and the highest cost. :D

To maintain the +/- percentage, a lot must be matched. Quality injectors are linear and also controllable at low pulse widths. They have to be capable of delivering the specified wide open fuel flow; yet maintain idle and low speed drive ability.
Some have a "pencil" (aka water pistol) type stream and more modern others have a multi-orifice pattern for better atomization. As diesel injectors used the multi-orifice pattern in the 1970s or era of the injector and injection pump; more modern was a misnomer.

Apparently someone borrowed a bunch of Bosch stuff.
Comparison of older style Bosch EV1 vs newer Bosch EV14 injectors - RX7Club.com

Every component must match very closely to deliver the +/- .05 or 1% assembly tolerance. In addition the consumer wants all 8 to match within the +/- .05 or 1% tolerance. If product is guaranteed to be +/-1% of mean, you can bet the worst one is +/-1%.
It is very cool stuff.

http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com/videos.html

Videos show the spray pattern or what you are paying for.

Don't forget you want 8 of them to be the same.
:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom