Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: BOSE Amp fuse keeps blowing.

Trevor65

Corvette
I'm new to the Corvette Action Centre Forum.
I live in England and have a 2007 conv. I replaced the battery with a new Delco a few weeks ago, I had a minor spark when I connect the earth terminal.
A few weeks later I was out driving the car and my partner put the radio on - it functioned normally as did the did the CD - but NO volume at all. Later I disconnected and reconnected the battery - same result - no sound.

I contacted my UK NCRS Judging Chairman reported the problem and he suggested I look at the Amplifier fuse (no.31) in the engine compartment. I managed to pull out the 30a J style fuse and it was blown. I ordered a couple of 30a J style fuses online, and as before made sure that the ignition was off and inserted the new fuse - it blew straight away. The car has the Bose sound system.

Any related comments or suggested course of action much appreciated.

trevor65

First off, Trevor, Welcome to CAC! :w Can't really help you with the problem though. I've heard that sometimes, if you disconnect the wire from the amp and then plug it back in....basically doing a "hard reboot" that thiungs have started working. But it's just a guess on my part. Hopefully, someone else will drop in and offer more suggestions. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi Toms007,
Thanks for the comment...
My current status with this is that I disconnected the battery removed the Bose Amp, inserted a new 30a J Style fuse and then reconnected the battery... I then removed the same fuse and checked it.. It was fine. My conclusion is that the amp has blown and I have sent it to a NCRS friend in Denver who has found a shop to repair the original PN 397 CONVERT Bose Amp. So, in about three weeks or so from now I'II have it back in the car.... and working!!
Apparently it can be a case of electrolytic capacitor failure ...
Trevor65

First off, Trevor, Welcome to CAC! :w Can't really help you with the problem though. I've heard that sometimes, if you disconnect the wire from the amp and then plug it back in....basically doing a "hard reboot" that thiungs have started working. But it's just a guess on my part. Hopefully, someone else will drop in and offer more suggestions. Good luck and keep us posted.

Trevor, glad you got it figured out. Used to be a place that everyone sent their Bose stuff to, to get repaired...can't remember the name. But I had them rebuild all the speakers/amps in my 94 and the Head unit as well. Worked like new when I got it back. I hope yours works as well when you get it back. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom