Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bose CD mechanical problems

D

DkBG

Does anyone know of a repair shop to fix mechanical problems in a Bose radio . It won't accept a CD . Boserepair.com website implies that they only work on electrical trouble . As in the amp or speacker amps.

Go to the Portal pages on this site. Under Diagnostics and Electronics you will see Delco/Bose Stereo Repair. That has links to a bunch of different places that will fix your CD player.
Graham

If the unit to be repaired is in your 2000, the factory warantee would cover it unless your mileage is over 36k.
Bose usually replaces units rather than repair them. They seem to be very easy to deal with. Last year a friend of mine had a mechanical problmen with the CD in his 90. He took it to the Bose facility in Framingham Ma. and they sent his dealer a new unit. No charge. And that was for a 90. Give them a call,can't hurt. If you need the# let me know and I will find it for you. Michael

PS. He told not to leave a cd in the unit when it was off. Did something bad to the rollers or whatever.

Thanks , but this is for a friends 94 . A phone number for service center would be great . Thanks again !

Hope this helps. Michael

BOSE CORP
100 THE MOUNTAIN RD
FRAMINGHAM, MA
(508)879-7330

Thanks also to you Graham . I just now saw your reply !

Try this link, http://www.doctordons.homestead.com. I sent my Bose CD to him on Thursday and today (Sunday) they called to say it was finished and will be shipped tomorrow! They are specialized in Corvette Bose radios. It comes with a unlimited warrantee. I've heard good things about them from members of "The Other Forum". I will keep the forum updated after I put it in.

Got my Bose back today from Dr. Don's. That is less than a week turnaround time including shipping! The cd works like a champ! Cassette works great! They did a real good job, so far!

cd repair

I have used Dr.Dons and was very plaesed with them,would definetly use again and highly recommend!

I called the Bose factory number listed below, and they stated that they do not service the dash units - just the speakers and amps. They gave me a number of a Delco servicer, I called them, and they stated they only exchange units at $250+. They could not guarantee I would get the proper color buttons back.

Has anyone attempted to repair these units themselves, just by opening them up and cleaning them or possibly replacing belts kinda like a VCR? Or, is there a source for just the CD changer unit module? The calls I made could not uncover anything but a direct head unit exchange.

Thanks for all replies.

If you have knowledge of electronics then it shouldn't be to hard a task.:bang
I would have liked a schematic when I repaired mine,but got by without one.
One word of advice.
Watch yor grounds.I had a NASTY buzz in mine when I put it back in.A ground wire inside the unit had not been secured.(oops)

I was having a problem with the CD unit.
It would not play discs.It would accept a disc and immediately spit it out.:t
Good Luck!:w

Bose Again Huh

Scrap the Bose System and put your own in. Bose systems suck. It's gonna sound a heck of a lot better if you do your own system. Dont forget the speakers, scrap those too. I did mine, I posted a few replies with the kind I put in, but to each his/her own. Bose needs to stick to Wave Radios for the home and out of the Dashes of Corvettes. : )

I have:

Pioneer CD Player in dash
Pioneer Tweeters in rear speaker housings
(3) 10' Sub-Woofers in triangular box (can be covered by shade)
Pioneers Tweeters in doors (no rattle this way)
Pioneer mids in the dash
XPlode 700 watt power amp puching it all with ease

Why Bose keeps putting junk in the Worlds Primere Sports Car is beyond me. Good Luck!
P.S. Email me and I'll get you a pic out. Arcangel224@htomail.com
Angel-Man

Three things about the Bose unit.
1:It keeps the car original. :)
2:You don't have to worry about a code being set due to the computer thinking it's not there.:confused
3:It does suck,so nobody will steal it.:r

OK,four.

4:It fits in the dash like...,well,....like it was made for it.Go figure.:D

bose cd maladys............

mine wouldn't accept discs either....along with a lot of other stuff. i'm lucky to have an authorized bose servicer literaly in my neighborhood. Florida radio. elderly gentleman. same shirt and suspenders on every time i went there. he replace my cd drive with a Panasonic unit. works great sounds great. must be something "standard" you can install in dash units. rebuilt all four amps and replaced head unit for about $580.00. didn't break any thing either. some shops wouldn't touch it. too much plastic....? probably just no experience.........anyway........sounds great....looks origional......i'm satisfied........now if i could keep my headlites from chattering every time i turn them off EVERYTHING works.

Finally got 93 Bose CD Fixed!

Well, I took the plunge and used Dr. Don to fix the 'ol CD. I was very pleased with the results. Don returned the unit very quickly, and the packing job is probably the best I have ever seen for anything ever shipped through UPS.

I can't speak highly enough of his service. I bid on one of his repair offerings over EBay, won the auction and completed the deal by shipping him the unit after advance prepayment through paypal. A very smooth deal. The mechanical problems are solved, and I can now listen to sweet tunes again.

Don't waste time with anyone else! And don't try to fix it yourself!

Jack

Re: Finally got 93 Bose CD Fixed!

searay270 said:
Well, I took the plunge and used Dr. Don to fix the 'ol CD. I was very pleased with the results. Don returned the unit very quickly, and the packing job is probably the best I have ever seen for anything ever shipped through UPS.

I can't speak highly enough of his service. I bid on one of his repair offerings over EBay, won the auction and completed the deal by shipping him the unit after advance prepayment through paypal. A very smooth deal. The mechanical problems are solved, and I can now listen to sweet tunes again.

Don't waste time with anyone else! And don't try to fix it yourself!

Jack

Awesome. Glad things worked out for you. Doctor Don's is an excellent service based upon everything we've heard here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom