Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Bose Radio issues

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

bpdfs

Corvette
1993 40th Ann
So its a bose radio, Got a speaker fixed and it works good now.. CD player will not work but cassette working fine... Issue is when its just ont he radio every so often the sound goes in and out but when the cassette is in it sounds great the whole time? doesnt make any sense.. When the radio is playing you can always hear it just sounds like the colum gets turned down really low or fades out then comes back and is fine????? Any ideas?????
Didnt know if they sell a used BOSE head unit anywhere will all working parts that I could purshase either?

Send your radio to Doctor Dons. He will give you great service and a great price. Do not be fooled by imitators.

Corvette Radio

AFTER HAVING YOUR RADIO REPAIRED, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE :w!

So its a bose radio, Got a speaker fixed and it works good now.. CD player will not work but cassette working fine... Issue is when its just ont he radio every so often the sound goes in and out but when the cassette is in it sounds great the whole time? doesnt make any sense.. When the radio is playing you can always hear it just sounds like the colum gets turned down really low or fades out then comes back and is fine????? Any ideas?????
Didnt know if they sell a used BOSE head unit anywhere will all working parts that I could purshase either?
I TOLD YOU AWHILE BACK JUST PULL IT OUT AND SEND IT TO DR DON'S. IT WILL COST $150.00 IF I RECALL. SEND A CHECK FOR THAT AMOUNT AND THEY FIX IT AND WILL SHIP IT BACK. YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING TO THEM. I THINK FOR $500.00 THEY WILL SET IT UP TO PLAY CD'S YOU BURN YOURSELF.
AND AGAIN IF YOU NEED SOME HELP I'M JUST UP THE ROAD FROM YOU.:beer

Follow Gregory's advice. In addition, if you burn CDs and listen to them in the Bose, then have Dr Don upgrade the system, costs around $200, but well worth it. Did it with my 94 and the sound was terrific. As for the radio, don't forget that it is 17 years old and the electronics in 93 weren't as good as now, so it could be the radio's electronics since the cassette works. Mine would fade in the mountains, but work great in most areas of the city. Reception problem was inherent with the older radio's according to Dr Don.
Barrett

I TOLD YOU AWHILE BACK JUST PULL IT OUT AND SEND IT TO DR DON'S. IT WILL COST $150.00 IF I RECALL. SEND A CHECK FOR THAT AMOUNT AND THEY FIX IT AND WILL SHIP IT BACK. YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING TO THEM. I THINK FOR $500.00 THEY WILL SET IT UP TO PLAY CD'S YOU BURN YOURSELF.
AND AGAIN IF YOU NEED SOME HELP I'M JUST UP THE ROAD FROM YOU.:beer

crash,

Please do not type in the forums here with your CAPS LOCK KEY set to ON.

When you type in all capitals, it indicates shouting. While you obviously weren't in this situation, it is entirely possible elsewhere it could be interpreted as such.

Thank you,

Craig

crash,

Please do not type in the forums here with your CAPS LOCK KEY set to ON.

When you type in all capitals, it indicates shouting. While you obviously weren't in this situation, it is entirely possible elsewhere it could be interpreted as such.

Thank you,

Craig
wow! i'm sorry it wont happen again. i wasnt aware of that. hell im to old to shout anymore. also i'm not a computer wiz so bear with me at times like this.
thanks rich:beer

Hey Rich,

No problem at all. That is what we are here for. I'm glad you are viewing our our boards and are a part of our community.

:w

Craig

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom