Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bose Radio Problems

L

Loaded 90

I was wondering what to do about changing out the Bose radio and speakers? What do you do with the antenna hook up, my Bose does not have the antenna wire on it. It must be all in the wiring harness of the radio. And what size speakers do you use in a coupe front and rear. What kind of mods do you have to do to make the speakers fit?

There are direct replacements available through MAD,ecklers,etc. These units do not require changing the amplified speakers, just order the Bose model. Pioneer is one of the more popular ones. If you are changing speakers also, then others will chime in who have removed the speaker amps. From what I've heard it's not pleasant.:r

I don't know if this helps, but my 85 has the stock bose speakers and radio. I did have to replace the front speakers and rear amps (kept it Bose). What I found interesting is that each speaker comes with an amp (4 amps) instead of one amp for all 4 speakers. The corvette part suppliers (MidAmerica, Ecklers, etc.) do sell direct replacements radios and Bose speakers. My suggestion is to repair or replace the speakers with Bose equipment and look at one of the direct replacement radios. This should keep the installation time to a min. The beauty of the direct replacement radios is that the wiring harness should be the same.

Thanks for the answers guys now I dont know what to do. I think I will leave the radio alone until it completely goes out.

Mac

Hey Len,
I had you in mind when I wrote that:L :L :L

By the way, did you go through with the MSD? If so, any noticable improvement?:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom