Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bowling Green

H

hotrodd

I have never been to Kentucky but my wife and I are takin ol Sparky to his birthplace Tues.I bet it is a pretty drive this time of year.Just hope that click,clang in the completely rebuilt diferential does'nt go bang.I think it is in the posi.it will make the noise in park rocking the car by hand.I have all new or rebuilt everything back there excluding the housing.Diferential noise seems real common and a million thing's cause it in a vette.Any idea's? Thank's

So are you 100% sure you don't just have a worn or loose bushing or bad U joint?

This is usually the cause of noise back there.

They are all new and I took the half shaft's back out to see if a needle fell out of the U-joint's.I even put new brake's on to see if the pad's rocking in the caliper's were making the noise.

hotrod,

I know the feeling...

I chased a noise for almost two years in the rear end of my 1981 ended up being the "Differential Cross Shaft" being worn in the rear end. A set of new gears took care of the problem for me. I changed or had everything else in the rear suspension... U-joints, rear end donut bushing, shocks, trailing arms, calipers, rear spring bolts and bushings changed, and made several visits to two Corvette Shops..

May the force be with you on your journey to Corvette Mecca ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom