Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Braided Hose Cleaning

Space Cowboy

Corvette
1968 Convertible - Candy Apple - 427/475+
I installed some stainless steal braided hose sleeves on the majority of my hoses years ago. Over time, they've become very grungy. Is there anything that will clean them without have to remove/replace them?

Thanks

Darn good question! :thumb Hopefully someone with the answer will be by soon. :w

I've seen detailers use Brasso on a wet rag to polish stainless. The water keeps the Brasso from caking in the weave of the hose, but still polishes the visible surface. Be careful not to rub the anodized fitting and connectors. The Brasso will remove the color.

I use Simichrome and it polishes stainless steel, chrome exhaust tips, motorcycle chrome, aluminum etc.

A warning, as Simichrome is what jewelers use; do not polish your rings or the wife will have you polishing all her jewelry. :chuckle

PS: Do a search as it costs a lot less than at car places. ;)

I use Simichrome and it polishes stainless steel, chrome exhaust tips, motorcycle chrome, aluminum etc.

A warning, as Simichrome is what jewelers use; do not polish your rings or the wife will have you polishing all her jewelry. :chuckle

PS: Do a search as it costs a lot less than at car places. ;)

How do you apply Simichrome? I've never heard of it. It looks like it might be a cream? If so, how would you get the material out of the mesh?

Thanks responding!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom