Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

brake cleaner on maf?

regalniz

Corvette
94 Polo Green Convertible w/auto
in this months corvette fever the editor recomended spraying brake cleaner on the maf, wire and all, to clean it. owner was having drivability problems. would any of you guys do this?

Brake cleaner is a great cleaner for any electrical wires, connectors etc. It dissipates into the air right away and does not leave any residue. As far as spraying on the MAF wire. That might be OK. I wonder why the wire would get dirty. Usually the current flowing thru the wire keeps the wire clean. Just my .02.

Save The Wave! :w

he mentioned having a kn air filter. so over oiling could be a culprit.

Yes I was too thinking about doing that with the whole deal with my car not running right, but that is fixed thank god...

I've done it to my MAF, no problems.

I did spray mine out yesterday with brake cleaner and no harm done. I did get some not to good looking stuff come out of it. I am not throwing any codes or anything so I would do it especially if you have your MAF descreened.

well i went out and bought some "electrical cleaner". sprayed it on and have not had any problems. while i had the maf out i went ahead and took the screen out. i unscrewed the four torx screws and that broke down the maf into 3 pieces. so with the delicate wires free from the screen, i didnt have to be gentle removing the screen. no problems with codes or drivability, yet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom