Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Customization

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
After seeing supernatural400's Camaro brakes It got me thinking..

Is it possible to buy drilled rotors to fit the stock caliper and match the orignal rotor diameter?

His look like Brembo, but looking at they're prices I probably won't be able to touch them till my lucky magic numbers come in..

I posted awhile back about what paint to use on the calipers but aside from electro powder coating is there a easier reliable paint I myself could apply?

VB has the cross drilled rotors that are direct replacement. About 160 ea. I'll probably go with those myself on my 85. I thought of stepping up to the larger caliper and rotor but it's not worth the cost for me.

Ecklers and the like sell a caliper paint. I don't know how well it works. I'm sure someone has tried it and will chime in.
:w

BigRed:

I just installed a set of rotors and pads I bought from www.powerstopbrakes.com on my 94 Vert over the past weekend. The company takes new 12" OEM brake rotors and cross drills them. They fit perfectly and look just like the originals except for the holes. I picked them up for $102.44 each. They also sell different grades of pads and the SS braided brake lines.

Talk to Rodney!!

RFUNRED1

Drilled rotor can brake easy, you better buy slitz ones.

APR comes with a new set this year, only front, 330 mm and 6 pots calipers.

I upgraded to 13", and crossdrilled on mine. Oh, a difference is noticable. I bought everything off ebay. Good stuff, and a better price.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom