Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Light Inoperable Issue...

I

IndyPaceCar78

For those of you that read the post that Buckskin had originally posted about tail lights not working etc...

I had an inoperable right brake light. After multiple attempts to diagnose the problem, its resolved!

First off I checked the bulb, correct size, socket, connections, fuses.... the right turn signal would still work, and being a dual filament bulb, the brake light would not even after I replaced the bulb anyway.

Come to find out, the problem was actually the turn signal switch in the steering column. The part was $47 and corrected the horn not blowing too!

Just thought I'd post this out in case anyone else had, or did run into the same issue. Not sure if this is a "typical" prob for '78 or any other yr for that matter......

You guys have been great, and thanks for all your advice!

Brian

IndyPaceCar78 Thanks for the followup

Brian

It is really nice to see you post a followup to all your trouble shooting and fixing your problem. I'm SURE this will help someone down the road.

Thanks for sharing your fix :D

BudD
:w

Bud,

I can only hope that if anyone else encounters this same issue, that this will expedite it for them, and eliminate some of the frsutration factor as well!

Brian:mad

IndyPaceCar78 said:
Bud,

I can only hope that if anyone else encounters this same issue, that this will expedite it for them, and eliminate some of the frsutration factor as well!

Brian:mad

Thank You!!!

I was wiring in a satellite radio into my 75 yesterday and when I was all done I decided to take a drive and play with the new system. In route a friend of mine pulled up next to me and said that my right brake light was out. Hoping it was not related to my install, I went home and tried to figure out what happened as I knew they were both working the day before. After 2 hours of frustration I finally called it quits for the night.

When I went to go work on it this morning I figured I would check the board before I started. Thanks to your post I figured out the problem and had it temporally fixed within fifteen minutes.

Thanks again Brian and all of those who devote some of your time to helping others...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom