Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Brake light on dash will not go out bleed brakes and replaced lines please advise of a next step

1st Welcome to CAC!!!
now,how old are the brake lines new?,old?
are the rubber lines new or old???
what about the the calipers??new,old?
how long ago were they replaced,are the original???

It is a differential pressure switch.

Inside that device is a valve that is centered then the front and rear brake pressures are the same. If there is a leak in one end of the system, the valve moves towards the lower pressure and trips the switch turning on the brake warning lamp.

After brake system repair, you have to center that valve to turn off the light.

See the service manual for your model year for instructions on how to center the valve.

Check to see if it is not the parking brake switch .

Thanks and yes everything is new and bleed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

reset brake light

Usually if you have done a good job of bleeding the brakes and the system is sound, a couple of heavy foot applications to the brake will reset the indicator. If that does not do it. You can temporary disconnect the wire from the switch on the proportioning valve to be sure that is what is causing the problem. I have had to let some air back in the front system and reset the brake switch the other way and then re-bleed the system again. Usually the rear brakes are the ones that have air in them and are causing the problem. Make sure to bleed both bleeder on EACH rear caliper to get the air out of the inner side then the outer side. Usually a good bleed and an application of a heavy foot brake is all that is required! Good luck!

All have given good advise. Do you have a firm pedal? In what order did you bleed the brakes? Is the paking brake truely releasing? Look under the vehicle to make sure cables are moving freely and not just the release handle. Sounds simple, but it always is. If the brake proportioning valve is the issue you will find out on a deserted portion of road and a solid brake application. This can also tell if there's air in the line when only two or three of the tires leave marks. If this sounds like abuse it isn't. A vette is a performance machine. This is the easiest way without a lift and loads of time. I'm not advicating flat spoting and a deserted parking lot is best. Decades as a tech with GM and others has lead to some simple solutions and diagnostic proceedures. Hope it helps. Feel free to drop me a line.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom