Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake light & turn signal failure, fuses OK.

Liquid

Corvette
2002 Millenium Yellow - Z06
Hope someone out there can help me with this one...

2002 Z06 22K no mods.

DIC in dash was more and more frequently resetting the average fuel economy overnight as well as switching the display back to default odometer reading.

I brought this to the attention of the dealer while it was in the shop for 3 1/2 weeks for a driveability issue (see other threads if interested).

I figured that this was a battery issue with the DIC power or something. Dealer determined that I needed a new dash cluster which they replaced.

Everything seemed OK, all gauges worked etc... however that night I drove it and realized the turn signals weren't working, both in the dash and the flashers themselves. In addition the brake lights were on, but would not light up when the brake pedal was depressed, only the small third light would get brighter.

I figured this was a fuse issue as both the brake lights and turn signals were on the same fuse. That was a no-go, as the fuse was still good. I replaced it anyway but the symptoms remain.

Since the dash cluster was R&R'd and the fuse was good, can anyone offer any suggestions as to what was missed and where, that would cause this?

After 3 1/2 weeks in the shop and very little time left before the car is stored for the winter I would rather NOT take it back unless it was a 15 minute fix.

All help appreciated!

Additional info

I have been reading other posts related to brakes, so I will add the following.

The Hazard light switch does not work as well.

Thanks again.

Try cycling the hazard switch many times and see if they work. If not then it is possible that the hazard switch connector is either not plugged in, or not plugged in tight.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom