Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: brake pad recommendations?

garyg

Corvette
1988 C4 coupe (original owner)
There is a sea of brake pads available in the market, from ACDelco for $29.99 to HAWK and BAER at over $100.00, plus EBC - red, green, yellow pads. I'm looking to replace the original pads on my 88 C4 used for everyday driving and would like to hear the pros and cons on the sea of pads before I drown in the promotions. I'm not looking for the cheapest brake pads but the best all around for braking, noise, dust and lower rotor wear. Hopefully this vette unofficial consumer survey will benefit all of us.

I put the Hawk HPS pads on my 94. They were very quiet, very little dust, and unlike some pads did not have to be warmed up to work well (but the warmer they got the more they would grab). I'd put these pads on again.

Thanks, one set I have been considering is the HAWK # HB111F610 front set

Do you need special brake pads if you have the Heavy Duty Option for the brake system? (96 LT1 Z51):cool

Heres my $.02 on it!!:L I have almost 65,000 miles on my first set of brakes on my 03 Z-51 coupe!!I check them every service and they still have at least 1/3 pad left,No warp-age of rotors and stop on a dime and give you $.09 change!!I'm going back with Genuine AC Delco and these Calipers when the pads are ready to be changed!!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Img110.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom