Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake pressure light on, no start.

Carsaremytoys

So that people who need help can find it!
Edit: pull the sensor from under the master, wiggle around and play with the spring, screw it back into place. I hope that this will be your fix!
Hi all, car is a 96 LT4. 61k miles. She won't even attempt to turn over. I cleaned two electronic connections. One under the master and another next to it to no avail.
Is there a way I can test these sensors?

Last edited:
My guess is your no start and "brake pressure light on" are unrelated. Also, I suspect that faulty sensors on the master cylinder is not your problem. If the "brake pressure light" is on, it is likely there is a problem with the brake hydraulics.

That said, the best place to start with either of those two problems is the factory service manual's diagnostic information.

Do you have a copy of those books?

Hi all, car is a 96 LT4. 61k miles. She won't even attempt to turn over. I cleaned two electronic connections. One under the master and another next to it to no avail.
Is there a way I can test these sensors?
I do not have those books.
To clarify, The brake pressure light comes on as I turn the key to the start position.

Buy some service manuals. Without them you are lost if you are going to DIY service work on your '96.

Actually, there is no "brake pressure" light.

There is a lamp that comes on when the parking brake is set. There is a light that comes on if there is a leak in the brake hydraulics. There is a light that comes on if the brake fluid is low.

When you turn the key to start and that light comes on, what happens when you release the switch and it goes to run? Does that light stay on or go off?

Buy some service manuals. Without them you are lost if you are going to DIY service work on your '96.

There is a lamp that comes on when the parking brake is set. There is a light that comes on if there is a leak in the brake hydraulics. There is a light that comes on if the brake fluid is low.

When you turn the key to start and that light comes on, what happens when you release the switch and it goes to run? Does that light stay on or go off?

When I turn the key to start the car, the brake pressure light comes on, it then turns off when I unturn the key.

When I turn the key to start the car, the brake pressure light comes on, it then turns off when I unturn the key.
It's as if all I'm doing is illuminating the light while trying to start the car.
It's telling me something is wrong I think, I just don't know what...

It's telling you that the light works!! Not that their is a problem... the check engine light should do the same thing.

It's telling you that the light works!! Not that their is a problem... the check engine light should do the same thing.
I feel like I'm just being messed with. I have a real problem that I'm seeking a solution to and am not getting any help.
I'm a big internet forum car guy and understand asking for help. I'm not asking how to make my corvette faster for free..
Did I do something wrong here?

This reply is completely useless!
You went into detail about none of my issue!
There is a 'brake pressure light' it's what comes on when I try to start the car. That's all, care to help or make some more useless posts?!

Woosaaa, I apologize. Can't be an ******* and expect help. I will get you a picture of the light that illuminates 'brake pressure' when I turn the key to the start position.

I'm not going to waste my time with a picture of said brake pressure light (it's the light under the park brake light).
Problem has been solved, untwist the plastic sensor under the master cylinder and play with it, clean it out, a bit. twist it back into place hopefully you have solved your no start problem. I thank you for nothing *******s on this site.

Did I do something wrong here?

I'll say you did, in your last posts #9-11.

Calling posters names will get you nowhere every time.

Good luck with that.

Calling posters names will get you nowhere every time.

Not true LLC5! It will, more often than not, get you banned.............!
Andy

Not true LLC5! It will, more often than not, get you banned.............!
Andy

I hope he isn't banned!
On a cold winter night, it's fun to read posts of such eloquence and technical expertise.
Heck, he even answers himself in case nobody can guess what he's trying to say!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom