Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Brake trouble 1993 C4

norwegianvette

Corvette
1993 Aqua Convertible
Hi.
Have the check ABS and the red brake light on in my 1993 Corvette. Connected the tech 1 and had ABS code 62 and 83 coming up, deleted them and as soon as i start the car the center consoll check ABS and the cluster brake light comes on. Also had two previous codes (041H and 072H) which i also deleted. Last thing i did with the brakes was replacing pads and i am not 100% sure but i think this started just after that operation. It might be just me knowing that there is a code but the brake pedal might be a bit harder now but might also be myhead :) . The ASR works normal and show no codes or errors. The Corvette is garaged due to wintertime in Norway and only out for a warm up when the conditions are right.

Thanks and regards,
Steve

Update

Went through the FSM and as the ASR was ok i had to ponder a bit. Disconnected the el plug at the reservoir and all lights went off, topped the reservoir with brake fluid all the way up to where the treads start and problem solved. Aparently the reservoir they used on the 1993 have a float and that one is way to sensitive to movement in the fluid when using the car. I might replace the whole thing when i have time as they dis some modifications in 1994 i believe.
Hope this might be usefull information for someone out there:happyanim:

Steve

Hi.
Have the check ABS and the red brake light on in my 1993 Corvette. Connected the tech 1 and had ABS code 62 and 83 coming up, deleted them and as soon as i start the car the center consoll check ABS and the cluster brake light comes on. Also had two previous codes (041H and 072H) which i also deleted. Last thing i did with the brakes was replacing pads and i am not 100% sure but i think this started just after that operation. It might be just me knowing that there is a code but the brake pedal might be a bit harder now but might also be myhead :) . The ASR works normal and show no codes or errors. The Corvette is garaged due to wintertime in Norway and only out for a warm up when the conditions are right.

Thanks and regards,
Steve

As Odd as this may sound is the brake fluid truly filled to it's proper level are the Master Cylinder plugs properly seated I had a similar problem I rechecked my work topped off fluid and wiggled a plug and all was well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom