Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Brakes grabbing

Chrio II

Corvette
07 ZO6 and 77 L82
I just bought this ZO6 last month. I've put about 1000 miles on it. What is happening is it feels like a brake is applying by itself going straight down the road. I imagine it is part of the stability, but each time is going straight down the highway. So far it has happened at 35, 50, and twice at 70, and it switches sides. It will pull you to the side of which ever brake is applying. It last for a split second, but enough to spook you.

Just looking for ideas

I just bought this ZO6 last month. I've put about 1000 miles on it. What is happening is it feels like a brake is applying by itself going straight down the road. I imagine it is part of the stability, but each time is going straight down the highway. So far it has happened at 35, 50, and twice at 70, and it switches sides. It will pull you to the side of which ever brake is applying. It last for a split second, but enough to spook you.

Just looking for ideas

That sounds like normal tramlining from wide tires. How do you know that the brakes are being applied? Any traction control or ABS lights on in the dash when the event happens?

On a straight, flat road at highway speed, what happens when you apply the brakes to stop?

Every thing is fine on braking. I took it to a guy here in town and he pulled the codes, but he couldn't do anything with the computer. Lateral accelerator meter (C0186-00 & C0186-08) is showing circuit faults, along with a yaw rate circuit malfunction (C0196-00 & C0196-09) along with C0253 centering error. I'm taking it to the dealer Thursday. I did disconnect the battery and tried that, but it still did it. I hope they can re-flash, but I guess we will see

Drove approximately 200 miles yesterday. It happened twice in the first 20 miles. Once with the control engaged, and once with out. Both times it was the left rear. After that it worked fine

Also both times the warning light came on. cycled the key after each time and the light went off

They changed the fuse block. They could actually move it and there would be a drop in voltage. So far so good

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom