Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brakes

rdgfx3

Corvette
2008 Silver Coupe
Anybody had to do a brake job on their C6 yet?I have almost 25,000 miles on my 08 F55 and am expecting to hear the brakes start squealing any day now.I'm wondering what the avereage or expected lifespan of the stock pads may be.

I have not driven my C6 enough miles to be concerned with brakes, but drove my C5 42,000 city miles and had no signs of brake wear.

Hope this helps.

Anybody had to do a brake job on their C6 yet?I have almost 25,000 miles on my 08 F55 and am expecting to hear the brakes start squealing any day now.I'm wondering what the avereage or expected lifespan of the stock pads may be.

Unless you race the car in track day events, are very aggressive street driver, or a very "brake-abusive" driver (ie: hard brake applications or being a two-footed driver) :nonowho subjects the car to an otherwise normal duty-cycle, you don't need new brakes.

If you do need them and you're not one of the above, something is wrong with the car.

I've brake work done my '06 twice. It is the standard brake package. The first time, a pad on the left front delaminated and then broke causing a gouge in the rotor even though it was still stopping okay. The second time was for a warpped rotor. Both were taken care of under warranty. While not a regular autocrosser or racer, the '06 had seen an 'open road run' and 20+ laps on the in field road course at Texas Motor Speedway. It has 30K+ miles now and has been fine for a while.

My '08 has 12K miles with the 'big' brakes and I've had not problems with that car.

Btw, being a 2-footed driver isn't bad if done properly - just don't use the brake pedal for a left foot rest.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom