Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brakes

D

ddykens

I own a 2001 Z06 and from day one I've experienced the sensation that the brakes are staying on after I take my foot off the pedal.The dealership can't find anything.

ddykens

Welcome to the forum. I went to the Tech Recourse Center in the header above and paged down to the service bulletins. There you have access to the dealer service bulletins by year from GM. I didn't find anything on brakes for any year C5. Maybe if enough owners report the problem to the dealers something will show up.

Hopefully another Z06 owner might have an answer.

Tom

This is a known problem with a solution. I've seen numerous posts about it on the Corvette Forum. You might try looking there for an answer. I don't recall what they dealers were doing to correct the problem but I believe there was a specific component that had to be replaced and that resolved the problem. Good luck.

ddykens said:
I own a 2001 Z06 and from day one I've experienced the sensation that the brakes are staying on after I take my foot off the pedal.The dealership can't find anything.

Did anyone ever find any information on this issue? VIN ranges affected, service bulletins?

Ray

NO WONDER it takes 3.9 seconds 0-60! The brakes were dragging!
Sheeze, get my brakes fixed and no telling what it would do...
:L :L :L
vettepilot

vettepilot said:
NO WONDER it takes 3.9 seconds 0-60! The brakes were dragging!
Sheeze, get my brakes fixed and no telling what it would do...
:L :L :L
vettepilot

That's good. I like that one.

Ray

But in all seriousness, I too thought they were not releasing completly, but when at a full stop, the car will roll when the surface is not completly level. And since I'm getting an average of 22.5 MPG around town since day 1, I don't think mine are dragging much, if at all.
vettepilot

vettepilot said:
And since I'm getting an average of 22.5 MPG around town since day 1, I don't think mine are dragging much, if at all.
vettepilot

Stan, do you have a lot of traffic in Enterprise, AL? 22.5mpg arounf town is awesome. I get 18.5-19.5.

Ray

Hi RJ,
No that's the beauty of this little Alabama city, the main section of business strip is on what is called the By-Pass, or Boll Weevil Circle. There are only 9 traffic signals that I can count in that 2- 2 1/2 mile stretch of divided highway. Most of the travel is on very low traffic density roads, with minor stop and go interuptions of probably no more than 5 minutes on an average day, 10 minutes during the Christmas Holiday time. The remainder of the driving is usually at 65 -70 on a divided highway between Enterprise and Dothan, our version of the "Big City" it has a Mall, and several eateries and everybody's favorite pastime, Sam's Club. :) :L
So that's why I get such good around town figures.
Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom