Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

breathing in befor out...

volume351

Corvette
1993 COUPE
ok i think you should breath in befor out right...
so i want to get an intake that will help me on gas and hp
and it needs to be cheep.. but not cheeply made.. any one have a good kit that they use and like???
thanks will

I plan to upgrade to one of those, and have heard also that you will gain 2 to 3 hp.:beer

Does your year C4 still have 3 catilytic converters? I would think that you would try a free flow exhaust and a set of headers.

vetteboy86 said:
Does your year C4 still have 3 catilytic converters? I would think that you would try a free flow exhaust and a set of headers.

I think his concern is $$$. Headers and exhaust might not be in the game plan right now but in the future.

volume351 said:
and it needs to be cheep.. but not cheeply made..

But what about cutting the lid and putting a different fliter? K&N maybe. Alot of people like that set up. Or maybe splurge for the vortex air rammer. Vetteboy, don't you have that set up? Or is it your brother? or both of you?
I know I have it and like it alot.

volume351 said:
ok i think you should breath in befor out right...
and it needs to be cheep.. but not cheeply made.. any one have a good kit that they use and like???
thanks will

Hi Will,

This is what I have on my car. http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=21028&BIG=21028-1

Very well made (comes w/ 3 K&N's), looks cool (definite improvement over the stock box) and you can definitely hear (air sucking) and, as far as I'm concerned, feel the difference from stock. Keep in mind, I did the exhaust at the same time. The two work in conjunction w/ each other. I paid $218...give 'em a call.

Jeff

volume351 said:
did that do anything to your gas milage?

I really don't follow my MPG to closely but I'm sure it didn't hurt it any.

All things considered, these cars really get pretty good gas mileage. I'm guessin' that you're doing mostly city driving- stop n' go stuff - so don't expect miracles when it comes to MPG. In the scheme of things, you're doin' much better than all those SUVs you see but at the same time it's no Toyota.

What are you averaging right now?

btw...A K&N w/ a cut lid will probably net you the same gains and if you cut your own lid it's a relatively cheap mod. If money's a factor, that's what I'd do. Get a K&N off ebay or something.

The best way to improve your mileage is to keep your foot out of it....which is easier said than done.

volume351 said:

I got the metal one with the filter as a kit and I'm very satisfied with the quality. Did not really notice any performance difference, but in combination with my other mods (exhaust and PCMforless chip) there was a definite improvement.

Anyway, I have seen one or two negative comments about the polymer frame so I'd get the metal one. I think when purchased with the K&N as a package it's $40 additional and for me that was worth it to save the original and avoiding the hassle of cutting it myself.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom