Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bring me a Brain!

T

tlong

Hi friends, just wanted to review my PCM from Bryan at PCMFORLESS. It's the big silver thing on the driver's side that controls everything in the engine and transmission. It took me 10 minutes to do the switch. I'm waiting for the LT-4 knock module to go in the bottom.

The test drive started in the garage. When the coolant hit 208 the fans came on!! A Miracle!! They are on low speed, you can't hear them running. When it cools to 200 they go off. Perfecto in traffic. Turning the AC on in 40* seemed hokey. But when it reads 230* ya do it, OK?

The power band seemed more responsive lower rpms, as it is programmed fuel/air for 93 octane now. Let's see what the tranny will do... whoa the kick down is instant. The D to OD has a new little 'punch', not too hard, jes right!
I felt the downshift to 2nd for the first time in nearly 3 years. When manually downshifted there is a solid feeling engagement. It seemed to see 80 a little quicker.

The fans were worth the money. Bryan said the mileage should inch up a bit. I drive like gramps most of the time, and that feels as smooth as ever. When the loud pedal gets smushed it's behaving a lot more vettish. I am relieved because it wasn't broke, but this sure fixed it.

Cheers

I can relate as Bryan tuned my PCM after the Hotcam install. Considering the different "tweaks" that were done, I too noticed right away the benefits of the re-programmed fan settings. Car runs consistently cooler than it did, which is a definite plus living in Phx. In addition, I see/feel the performance/tuning/driveability benefits of the re-tune on a daily basis. Car just feels right, especially since I drove it for quite awhile w/ the HC before the tune and, although it ran well, it didn't run like this!

:beer

That is great to hear. I didn't recall if that was part of the extensive mods you have done.

I totally agree with it feeling right too. I bought one re-programmed to my specs and kept the stock unit. I see no reason to use it again and will send it back to Bryan for the core charge. What a deal! The auto trans and power band tweaks are gravy after the fan temp correction. It seems like 75% of the stuff I do to my car is how it should have been initially from BG, KY.

Try to find some shade my friend,

tlong

If you don't mind me asking... what did Brian charge to do the PCM reprogram? and how long was your car down?

Brett

1995 RedVette said:
If you don't mind me asking... what did Brian charge to do the PCM reprogram? and how long was your car down?

Brett

I think I paid $175 plus shipping. Had it out of the car, to him & back in 5 days. I went w/ 2nd Day Air...

BTW...Bryan does OBD2 (re-programs PCM's) and Alvin does the OBD1 (burns chips)

Thanks Jeff....having the fans come on etc sounds like a good thing to look into. I'm about to do water pump and tune up so I'll have a few days to send the factory pcm in.

Brett

You can buy the reprogrammed PCM outright for $300, then send yours back and get $110 core charge refund. There is no down-time then. Two screws and 4 plugs takes 10 minutes. And there are not many nicer guys than Bryan or Alvin.

I hate to go on and on but I just went to get some oil change stuff for my truck and reset the mileage deal. 26.8 couldn't be right. I was trying to take it easy but dayum!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom