Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BSM's

J

Jim

I've seen a few statements where members are glad they did not order the body side moldings on their 'Vette. Is this just a personal preference or is there some other reason behind these statements?

BSMs

The BSMs on my 'Vette saved the door from a very expensive gouge. Plus, getting them as an option is cheaper than buying them later and you can always take them off.

Hi JIm My car has them . I like the looks better without them ,but i think they're the way to go . If someone does a door job on you they can be removed and replaced without getting into body work .

I think it all depends on how you intend to use the car. Must have for a daily driver. As for myself I don't care for them and since I don't leave my car anywhere that there isn't secure parking, not having them works for me. Michael

I ordered without BSM and so far glad I did. For the record, when you wax/polish the car with BSM do they become an issue with the edge/gap to the painted surface? Buildup, etc. Just wondering, have to admit to thinking it would be harder with them on than off when I did the order. And since I don't expect this to be my last Vette, might as well learn. :beer

My car does not have the body side molding. I like the car better without it, but that is my opinion.

I have them

I have them on mine, and i like the way the vette looks with them. Mine is also a daily driver, and they do get a little nick in them every once in a while from some A-S-S-H=O-L-E-S that dont know how to watch for other cars, so i have been glad they were there

Daren

BSM preference

Ours came without it, and we prefer it that way. We don't use it as a daily driver, and are very selective where we park. Of course nothing will protect it from a moron bent on keying a Corvette, so we take our chances I guess.
Joe

I have BSMs on all my vehicles. I haven't seen any evidence that they actually prevent door dings...both Tahoes have dings where the offending door completely missed the BSMs. Most of the time, it's just plain luck that the car parked next to mine has a bulge on its door that exactly matches the position of the BSM on my vehicle.

My C5 was a half-time driver this past summer, but fortunately the parking lot I used had EXTRA WIDE spaces that helped prevent accidental dings. The spaces were so wide, and had double yellow stripes separating them, that I could open the Corvette doors almost to the full open position and not hit the car next to me. And we know how wide the Corvette doors are.

I think I would like to see my '01 without the BSMs, just to see the difference. I know that they are attached by double-stick tape, but with my luck I'll end up with paying for a full repaint if I ever try to remove them :(

Colorado :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom