Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bugs

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
I will ask the experts here... how do you get the bug marks off the front of your corvette around the license plate

I'm old school -- while the car is wet I gently scrap the bugs off with my thumb nail. If you don't let them accumulate it is not a big job. :beer

I'm old school -- while the car is wet I gently scrap the bugs off with my thumb nail. If you don't let them accumulate it is not a big job. :beer

:thumb Yup... that's the way it's done!!

Mequires Bug & Tar Removal

If the bugs are really stuck on there...here's a product that works well.
After you use it you'll want to wash and rewax the area. Also the better
the wax job is the easier it is to remove them during your normal washing
routine.
Remo:cool

yhst-41771694353694_2048_33197848

I moved this to Care & Detailing as I'm sure many have good suggestions for the bug problem.

Elaine

Another Option

This is ideal for longer trips. Not only keeps the
bugs off but it will protect the nose from stone chips.

35632.jpg

I just use plain old car wash soap and water.

Jim...I'm sure no bug would even have the nerve to hit the front of your car.:L

Before I wash the car, I wet it down and use WD-40 and a little elbow grease, the bugs are gone and the solvert is washed away.

I would agree that the key is keeping a good coat of wax or polish on the surface. Mine usually just wash off with the spray of water. If you have marks left over from the residue you can use clay bar to remove what's left.

A dab of smooth peanut butter works great to remove bugs and tar....:cool

Clear bra installed by GM Junkie.Bugs float off with a garden hose :D I don't use license plates front or rear.
Thats probly because of the 3 coats of "Liquid ICE by Turtle Wax" I applied before you picked up your car!!
:thumb:thumb:thumb
Mine doesn't have a Clear Bra yet and the Bugs just rinse right Off with little or No Scrubbing too!!
:thumb:thumb:thumb

Attn. Viet Nam Vett
My 3M Clear Bra came yesterday,do you want a "Free" lesson on installing them?? Come on down!! :D:D:D

Did Someone Say "Bugs"

Bugs-Bunny-Neener.jpg

Bug and Tar Remover with Wax

I will ask the experts here... how do you get the bug marks off the front of your corvette around the license plate

Some of the responses to your question must come from folks who don't live n the country! I live in the South; 16 miles from town and starting in April bugs are a major issue when driving fast (why else do you have a Corvette!)
I had purchased a product at a car show I used on my truck, wife's car and my street rod. It came in a spray can and was expensive. Only thing I have found that matches it without using a product that rquires washing and waxing after- is Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover with Wax (not the pre car wash stuff.) It works for me IF I use it when I come into the garage not wating for the bug juice to etch into the surface! I also use it on my wife’s black Cayenne although it is harder to see bugs on a black car so some of the bugs I remove are no doubt days old. Just spray it on and let it stand for a minute (I wait longer on her car since they may be several days old.) Then remove the bugs and polish with a micro fiber cloth. I do keep a good coat of wax on, especially the front and back of the mirrors. The turtle wax helps provide the extra wax as well. PS I have no affiliation with the company etc, etc!
Jerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom