Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Build sheet info

Mikey v8

Corvette
1985 White Coupe
Hi Everyone, ive just received my build/rpo sheet for my Corvette, im trying to figure out which codes give you an idea of the build date, my VIN is 1g1yy0782f5138392, the job sequence number is Y0400966, In box 10 of the sheet it says SCHED NO DATE, 013892 and in the same box 07-23, is there anyone who can help me decode any of this info?

Yours is # 13892 of that model year built

My build sheet has a box at top / center of page with TIME / DATE

Says 86/345 being 345th day of 1986 when my '87 was put together

I don't have anything like that on mine, mines an 85 model but im trying to find out if it was built in 84, most of the boxes on the top of the sheet are blank, if I can prove it was built in 84 it will save me lots of money on UK import tax as if its over 30 years old its cheaper tax.

Mikey, I don't have my sheet from the 94 I owned as I let it go when I traded it off. However, as I recall, my build sheet had a similar number as Vetteoz described.

there were 39,729 85's built, so that puts yours about 1/3 the way through the production year. Personally, I would say that yours has a great chance of being built in the 84 calendar year, but I'm sure that won't be good enough for the authorities.

Check out the knowledge base
Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C4 | 1985 | 1985 Corvette Production

and
Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C4 | 1985 | 1985 Corvette Center

Thanks for the help so far, ive taken a picture of my buildsheet, most of the top boxes are blank, but there are a few codes there, if anyone can confirm this car was built in 84 it will save me a fortune in tax.

Attachments

• image (34).jpg
    image (34).jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 84
I sure don't see anything that looks like a build date on the sheet. Maybe you could contact the dealer it was delivered to and see if they have any information about date of receipt when the car was delivered to them or date of sale.

Hi Everyone, ive just received my build/rpo sheet for my Corvette, im trying to figure out which codes give you an idea of the build date, my VIN is 1g1yy0782f5138392, the job sequence number is Y0400966, In box 10 of the sheet it says SCHED NO DATE, 013892 and in the same box 07-23, is there anyone who can help me decode any of this info?

No one seems to have picked up your typo. Your production number is 138392. Or 38392 of 39729. This would be fairly late in the production year. This would defiantly have an build date in 85.
just a guess but could 07-23 mean 23 July 1985?

No one seems to have picked up your typo. Your production number is 138392. Or 38392 of 39729. This would be fairly late in the production year. This would defiantly have an build date in 85.

You know, you're right, I missed that. I saw those numbers on the sheet too.

I was hoping it meant 23rd July 84, sorry for the typo, didn't notice I missed out a number, still looking for a definite answer on this though..

ANTS81 has hit the nail on the head.... there is no way your car was built in 84 with that VIN sequence...sorry

build sheets are a funny thing actually.... to many people get wrapped up in "what day was my car built". There is no exact formula or standard. You need the Build sheet, dealer invoice sheet as a minumum. As a export car you also have a country of entry forms and history we folks in the states dont have. I have proof of cars with a later VIN # that where built a month prior than VIN sequence cars that where built supposely before them. For example; VIN 06170 has a build date of 1/8/91 and VIN 06371 has a build date of 12/6/91. So why where over 200 cars held not built for over a month????:hb

Parts allocations, dealer orders and allowanence, engineering testing and line pull offs for quailty all screw up the cycle of life on a build date. So what is really the build date? The day the the dealer puts in the order into the factory system? the day it starts down the prodution line? The day it reachs the end of the line? Think of it like a birthday.... conception is like the day the order is put into the system, but thats not our birthday..mmmmm think about. The dealer invoice has three days on it, the day they put the order in, the day they finished building it, and the day they shipped it. The date on the door edge sticker could be anywhere from two weeks to over a month from actual day they started the build..... :upthumbs

As I am clueless about the laws in England. Do they require a build sheet or can you say 2014 - 1984; do the math, mate?

If you import a car into the UK that is 30 years old or more its classed as an historic vehicle, this means you pay a lower rate of import tax, you need to prove that the car is 30 or more years old though and is this case my car was built in 85 so it didn't meet the requirements. Although it will be 30 next year it doesn't count as its from when its registered into the UK.

You have to prove when the car was built rather than the model year? That is what confuses me.

In NC, it is model year. Here in NC, a 1996 and prior gets a free pass with emissions testing. Usually the new vehicles come out before the calendar year. If a 1997 was built in November of 1996, it still has to pass emissions same as one built in March of 1997.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom