Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: build sheets

mp3 Maker

Corvette
1970, 1979, 1981, 1993, 2003,
Hello where can I get a build sheet and window sticker for my L-81 built in St. Louis. I tried corvette museum and no luck on that for St. Louis cars

If you want an original build sheet you are out of luck.
There was a way to get a copy of the dealer invoice for some of the St Louis year cars.
if you do a search under 'dealer invoices' you should find the link that will tell you how.

You could also take a chance, and lower the fuel tank of your L-81 to see if the build-sheet still there. I found mine there, and although it was so brittle that the center part (the part held by the glue they used) fell apart, at least I was able to take a few images of it for posterity.

I never tried, but I wonder if one were to spray clear coat paint on it, it would help it stay together...;shrug

y1ppsvlS95gX86gZTUS_-HRVqHWr-MLCkAs5PUGPdEl9i7Bt12XvfRQps3L4DAj2WLgFu4Kmd2jeyk

GerryLp,
That is an interesting idea! I may just try it. Mine is not in as good shape as yours, however I do have all the pieces.

My '81 was one of the last built in Bowling green so I do have a copy of the original from the NCM.

Although there is nothing like having the orginal.

tcxd40

I just ordered a copy and I was glad that I wasn't one of the 82's that they don't have copies for. Be interesting to see it.

You could also take a chance, and lower the fuel tank of your L-81 to see if the build-sheet still there. I found mine there, and although it was so brittle that the center part (the part held by the glue they used) fell apart, at least I was able to take a few images of it for posterity.

I never tried, but I wonder if one were to spray clear coat paint on it, it would help it stay together...;shrug

y1ppsvlS95gX86gZTUS_-HRVqHWr-MLCkAs5PUGPdEl9i7Bt12XvfRQps3L4DAj2WLgFu4Kmd2jeyk
Gerrylp....DON'T use clear coat on that build sheet !!....better if you take it in and get it laminated at Staples or office depot . Will cost ya a couple of bucks......hope i ain't too late with this suggestion..........cheers......redneck

Gerrylp....DON'T use clear coat on that build sheet !!....better if you take it in and get it laminated at Staples or office depot . Will cost ya a couple of bucks......hope i ain't too late with this suggestion..........cheers......redneck

Taking IT away from the tank is the problem. The build sheet is so weathered and dry that the paper literally falls apart even if you lightly blow on it. I sprayed water on it, but that was tricky as well. I waited for the paper to absorb the water and then to let it air dry before I attempted to pull it away from the tank.

Now I keep it in a document protector. :upthumbs

GerryLP:cool

If you can find your build sheet or dealer invoice you can fax them to the National Corvette Museum and they can have them convereted into the Window Sticker and Build Sheet, both laminated for display.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom