Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Building the Ultimate B2k Beast

S

SurfnSun

I was thinking that if I was to build the turbo motor of choice here it is........

World Products "Motown Race Block" (4bolt splayed 4.00 bore)- $1900

SCAT lightweight 4340 Forged Crank 3.48 stroke- $1200

SCAT(or comparitive brand) H-beam Forged 5.7 Rods- $445

SRP Low compression pistons -24cc 8.2:1 compression w/ 76cc heads $500

AFR 195cc SBC Street Head L98 plug angle $1924

AFR Hydra Rev kit- 179.00

TPIS or AZ Speed Marine --Custom grind cam $500????(a tad more duration and lift on exhaust side.

Grand Total = $6648

ADD the TPIS Runners and Base that are in the garage. Turn up the wick to about 13lbs of boost.....and get new tires :D

So what do you guys think?

More Horsepower.....nothing wrong with that at all.....

I think you should worry about getting the car first! Then you can call Ed at AS&M and he'll tell you how to build a strong TT. Although, you have a good list already.

90Callaway said:
I think you should worry about getting the car first!

ouch! :eek: i did put an if in the first sentance :D

We'll see, getting laid off has been pretty rough on me, I only make about 1/2 as much as I used to. :(

Hey, nothing wrong with planning for the future. Just trying help you with priorities! :D Email me offline and I'll tell you about the latest completely unnecessary car that I purchased.

Maybe by the time you're ready I'll have mine to 600hp/800ft.lb. and you can just copy mine. ;)

You probably saw the post on the Vette Forum about the "HeaderDesignCompany". I asked if they would design/build header/turbo/intercooler plumbing packages and he kinda gave a nod. I've heard that all this plumbing is beyond THOUSANDS of dollars from design to installation.. gotta add some more bucks to the equation there!

This was just an idea for an existing turbo car ie the long block

I'm trying to build a twin turbo ZR1. any help you gents could provide with pipe benders, and expert tuners would be appreciated. I have done most of my posting on the CF. but I need to get more input.

email me or post with any thoughts.

thanks. ron_kreigh@hotmail.com

SurfnSun said:
I was thinking that if I was to build the turbo motor of choice here it is........

World Products "Motown Race Block" (4bolt splayed 4.00 bore)- $1900

SCAT lightweight 4340 Forged Crank 3.48 stroke- $1200

SCAT(or comparitive brand) H-beam Forged 5.7 Rods- $445

SRP Low compression pistons -24cc 8.2:1 compression w/ 76cc heads $500

AFR 195cc SBC Street Head L98 plug angle $1924

AFR Hydra Rev kit- 179.00

TPIS or AZ Speed Marine --Custom grind cam $500????(a tad more duration and lift on exhaust side.

Grand Total = $6648

ADD the TPIS Runners and Base that are in the garage. Turn up the wick to about 13lbs of boost.....and get new tires :D

So what do you guys think?

Some people on thirdgen have had bad luck with scat cranks. There are better brands out there...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom