Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

bushings

jj_long81

Corvette
L81 origional
doing my entire rear end over again useing rubber bushings. so ive read a bunch of talk about poly vs rubber. and ive done it now. so im gonna say it. i would never use poly again. but on the bright side i know how to do the job allready and everything is still nice and clean.;)

Can you explain to me why?
I have rubber almost everywhere and I know that on stuff that turns in two directions (like the trailingarms) poly isn't a good idea because it only likes to turn one direction. But for the rest... I don't have a clue. I think the only poly I have are the diff, batwing mounting points and the strudrods I think. :)

But I was under the impression that the other parts would be a upgrade to change to poly. Less flex and stiffer. Then keeping the bodymounts rubber would still give the carb its comfort.

Greetings Peter

yup you said it. the twist in the trailing arm and strut rods dont work well with the hard stuff. i dont wanna be the basher but it just was not intended for the stock c3 design. i really would not call poly an upgrade. its cheaper and you get what you pay for.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom