Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! Buyers in ST. Louis area BEWARE!!!!!!

LVMYVT76

Corvette
1976 medium blue
Heard of"Just Corvettes" in St. Charles, Missouri ?? STAY AWAY from them!!!!! After months of trying to get them to check for as hood for my car, they finally returned a call saying they have one, gave credit card number to hold the hood, and asked if they were open on saturday so I could go get it, 4.5 hours to driveone way. Yes, they would be open saturday, from 9 to 1. Ok, I'll be there to pick it up saturday. Get up at 4 am, drive 4.5 hours, and GUESS what!? THE GATES ARE LOCKED SHUT!!! I call 3 times and finally get someone to answer, the owner DAN. I asked where they are, I"m there to pick up my hood! He's in Chicago at Bloomington Gold. I asked if the Justin was around town where he could let me get my hood, NO , He's in the Lake of the Ozarks! I tell him it was arranged for me to get this hood today. He says "TOO BAD" I asked for my money back and Here's where it really gets interesting, I said I had driven for 4.5 hours and 4.5 hous to go back, out about $100 for gas, what are you going to do about this?? CLICK goes the phone as he hangs up on me. Itried calling back, but he hangs up every time until he shuts his phone off. SO, I called and it goes to messaging, I leave a message that I'm not proud of right now. BUT, is this any way to do business???? What would you do if this happened to YOU???:mad:bash:argue:BOW:duh:soapbox:r:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

yeah, and their web site sucks, too! :puke

that's some poor customer service. :gtfo

what you could do is email him the url for this post. that way he can see how the word can spread quickly through the Corvette community when you screw over somebody like this. :nono:nono:nono

The picture on his web site looks like a nice place, but when you get there is really a dump! His web site is never up to date either.:chuckle

at my job they recently made us all take a customer service training class, even though most of us don't deal with customers (at least not outside customers) and I recall one thing that might be applicable in this situation, or might not. they pointed out that with doctors, when they screw up, if they simply apologize, malpractice suits drop by 75%.

I bet this guy just messed up and forgot about your appointment. a simple human error. how would you have reacted if he just admitted his mistake and apologized? I think most people are willing to forgive because we all make mistakes and would like to be forgiven when we do.

this class also said that good customer service exceeds the customer's expectation. so to do that, he could have come up with some way to turn this situation into a positive by doing something for you that you didn't expect. then you may have posted that there was a problem, but this guy knows how to treat his customers and he made it right. you could be giving him a recommendation!

I believe in karma, so when it comes back around to bite him, he'll be quite unhappy. the only negative about karma is that he'll never connect the dots. so he won't know why he's in the bad situation once he's in it.

I think that is the least he could do. He could of shipped the hood to me at his expence since I am out of pocket a lot of money and time. I could of stayed at home and made $250.00 doing my job. I'm also out alot of time driving besides the gas money!

Am I the only other Corvette owner who doesn't like what happened here? (besides you LVMYVT76, of course) Each time I've checked this thread there have been several people browsing, so I'm wondering why nobody else has commented?

If nothing else, let's get some groundswell going and maybe this guy will realize he can't treat a customer that way, no matter what his side of the story is. OF course there are two sides to every story, so I'd like to hear his side, too. I'd like to hear why he didn't "make it right" from the customer's (as in LVMYVT76's) perspective?

I live in the area and after one dealing with the owner i have never been back.

...Am I the only other Corvette owner who doesn't like what happened here?...

No.

...I'm wondering why nobody else has commented?...

The post is directed to owners in the St. Louis area. I'm not in the St. Louis area, but probably would not be doing business with this dude anyway. I notice you're not in the St. Louis area.

...OF course there are two sides to every story, so I'd like to hear his side, too...

So would I.

:thumb

Heard of"Just Corvettes" in St. Charles, Missouri ?? STAY AWAY from them!!!!! After months of trying to get them to check for as hood for my car, they finally returned a call saying they have one, gave credit card number to hold the hood, and asked if they were open on saturday so I could go get it, 4.5 hours to driveone way. Yes, they would be open saturday, from 9 to 1. Ok, I'll be there to pick it up saturday. Get up at 4 am, drive 4.5 hours, and GUESS what!? THE GATES ARE LOCKED SHUT!!! I call 3 times and finally get someone to answer, the owner DAN. I asked where they are, I"m there to pick up my hood! He's in Chicago at Bloomington Gold. I asked if the Justin was around town where he could let me get my hood, NO , He's in the Lake of the Ozarks! I tell him it was arranged for me to get this hood today. He says "TOO BAD" I asked for my money back and Here's where it really gets interesting, I said I had driven for 4.5 hours and 4.5 hous to go back, out about $100 for gas, what are you going to do about this?? CLICK goes the phone as he hangs up on me. Itried calling back, but he hangs up every time until he shuts his phone off. SO, I called and it goes to messaging, I leave a message that I'm not proud of right now. BUT, is this any way to do business???? What would you do if this happened to YOU???:mad:bash:argue:BOW:duh:soapbox:r:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad
Call your credit card company and tell them what happened and they will credit you the payment - that simple.

CG

If your credit card co does not want to credit you I live in St. Louis. I have no connection with not have I done any business with this person. If he will let me pick up your hood I have a truck and can go get it. Then we can work out getting it to you.
PM me If you want to go that way.

I also live close to that shop, drive by it frequently. Never been in there but based on this thread now I really have no reason to go in there. Especially considering how nice the folks at Mid America were when the CAC was there!

I would make it my full time job to be this guys worst nightmare. Better Business Bureau, AG - the whole nine yards...and I'd keep doing it.

Bad service for sure. I tell ya, they give business degrees to anyone these days hahaha (im a mechanical engineer, so i like to poke fun at the other majors that aren't math based, nothing personal)
The name sounded familiar and thought there was a place with same name near me here in colorado, but name is different, called "Corvette Center"
Hope this guy learns from his mistakes... Otherwise he probably will go under.

Are you talking about the place between COS and Pueblo? They are great people there. They did quite a bit for CAC when we had CruiseFest there in 2007.

Maybe he's trying to win the T. Michaelis award for customer service. ;)

If your credit card co does not want to credit you I live in St. Louis. I have no connection with not have I done any business with this person. If he will let me pick up your hood I have a truck and can go get it. Then we can work out getting it to you.
PM me If you want to go that way.

Thats a nice offer .:)If I buy a new GS would you be willin' to pick it up for me .:D Seriously you did make a nice offer.

The post is directed to owners in the St. Louis area. I'm not in the St. Louis area, but probably would not be doing business with this dude anyway. I notice you're not in the St. Louis area.

Point well taken. However, if the owner of this shop realizes the geographic scope of the Corvette community, and how easily word can spread through the CAC and other Corvette forums, he might be inclined to do something to make it up to a very unhappy customer.

I'm originally from the midwest, so I know people there still, they know people, and maybe word will get around to steer clear of this guy. I know people in Corvette clubs here in Kali who may know Vette owners in other parts of the country, etc. And of course the members of the CAC obviously know other Corvette owners, probably from all over the country.

The idea is to get groundswell of responses (probably most being negative) to let this shop owner know that even if he feels justified in doing what he did, for whatever the reason, he still has an uhappy customer, and that's a problem that needs to be addressed. To me, as a business owner, an unhappy customer is the last thing I would want. But it seems like this guy doesn't care. So, send him the url for this thread to let him know that customers don't like to be treated like this, and that word will get around the Corvette community and possibly affect his bottom line. If he doesn't care about customer service, maybe he does care about his revenue.

JMHO..

Before I wade into something like this... I tend to want as much information as possible. When I am personally confronted with this type of situation, I don't depend on others to slander or apply pier pressure to resolve my problem.

There are legal channels that can be followed, e.g. also I would contest the Credit Card billing and stop payment or process of said card.

There are number of things I Would Do before using the internet and a Forum Community to bolster support.

I akin this to an old western lynching of sorts. Let the Customer and the Business work through the process ONCE the final bell has rung and the dust settled, then I would be more willing to jump aboard your wagon, but for now... the issue above is between the parties involved...

I really don't care to provide legal advice, or sound like an authority on business dealing so I tend to listen and keep out of other folks business ;) If they come right out and ask "What would you do" that is different than gathering a lynch mob.. Some folks just vent...

Anyway that's why this ole boy ain't wading into the fray or loading up the car and heading to St. Louis to do something stupid that may or may not get worked out... Some One Done Me Wrong could be, hopefully the end resolution gets posted so we know ;)

JMHO
Bud Dougherty

I think I get the general point you're making. I'm not sure my point is clear enough though. And I can't really see the validity in the comparison to a lynching!

I'm not really trying to slander the guy and neither was that the intent of the original post, imo. Yes, I started out with more of reaction than a reasoned response, so I can see why you could think there's some slander on my part. However, I've stated that I'd like to hear the other side of the story, so I think at this point it's reasonable to infer that I've not finalized an opinion about what actually went down. Although, pendng hearing the other side of the story, I have formed a preliminary opinion of his customer service philosophy!

The only peer pressure was just to point out that Corvette owners aren't typical auto owners without recourse when customer service goes bad. The shop owner should recognize that and if he doesn't, maybe finding out would be doing him a service? We're part of a larger community and yes, with that there is responsibility not to over react. That's why it's good to consider reasonable opinions such as yours. But that doesn't mean that any one of us should withold their opinion about poor customer sevice in any situation. If that form of speech is taken away from the customer, we're all potentially going to take it in the shorts.

The town I'm from is small, and people talk. So maybe I'm havingg a small town reaction? Where I live now (and have lived for many years) is huge and businesses sometimes don't give a rat's rear about customer service. Well, they seem to care more now that the economy is hurting, but that's another issue. The internet makes the entire world a smaller community and allows customers to do what customers do, which is share experiences about the businesses with which they've dealt. In the written form, that isn't slander.

But my main point is that what happened as far as buying a product isn't the issue here, imo. There's an unhappy customer who doesn't seem like an unreasonable guy, with unrealistic expectations. So the shop owner has a customer service issue. Regardless of what went down, he needs to address that, imo. That's the issue from my perspective.

...the shop owner has a customer service issue...he needs to address...imo....

I agree 100% and he may address it. Possibly already has. We don't know and need to hear from LVMYVT76.

You asked for a groundswell movement against the shop owner. I choose not to participate in that until I have enough information to allow me to form an opinion on the matter.

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom