Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! Buyers in ST. Louis area BEWARE!!!!!!

OK, the owner of the shop was going to Bloomington, and the other man working there eihter forgot that the shop was not going to be open that saturday, or just wanted the sale to get my money. Either way, the owner should of thought of a way for me to get so satifaction, like offer to meet me half way with the top, or ship to me free, or something. BUT, he just said "TOO BAD" that his shop closed that saturday, and then hung up on me. They still haven't refunded my money, but the credit card company has been notified, and the money has been frozen until later. Reporting this to the BBB doesn't help any, it doesn't make his place operate any better.

sounds like it's under control. I'm happy to her that you've contacted the CC company. I'll stop frothing and ranting and exit this mode now: :soapbox

and of course, I'll stop this: :BDH

but as long as I'm typing anyway... ;shrug if it were me, I'd definitely report him to the BBB. I check it for complaints before doing business with somebody new to me, particularly if the purchase is substantial.

:w:w:w

thats why some of us have good old beeter trucks

Am I the only other Corvette owner who doesn't like what happened here? (besides you LVMYVT76, of course) Each time I've checked this thread there have been several people browsing, so I'm wondering why nobody else has commented?

If nothing else, let's get some groundswell going and maybe this guy will realize he can't treat a customer that way, no matter what his side of the story is. OF course there are two sides to every story, so I'd like to hear his side, too. I'd like to hear why he didn't "make it right" from the customer's (as in LVMYVT76's) perspective?
After I drove through his gate and maby put a few dents in whatever sitting around I would of headed back home.Ya I didn,t fix anything but I know I would feel alot better!! And the hell with he mit of forgotton.. Tim

After I drove through his gate and maby put a few dents in whatever sitting around I would of headed back home.Ya I didn,t fix anything but I know I would feel alot better!! And the hell with he mit of forgotton.. Tim

I'm going to assume you're joking. :chuckle

Whatever was sitting around would probably be other Corvette owners' Corvettes, so let's be careful when joking around about denting those! :v

I'm all for the customer vigorously (but legally) doing whatever is within their rights to protect their interests. :pat

And we can have a groundswell of support for the customer, while witholding judgment because both sides have not been heard. All of this can be done, and certainly without suggesting causing any property damage, even for the sake of humor. :beer

Hi Guys,
I have done business with this shop, and I had a rather good experience there. I dealt with the owner Dan and he helped me out greatly, gave me a very good deal on the work I had done. It took a bit longer than I had planned, but the work and the price was great.

They put new trailing arms, bearings, new rear spring, new rear end, new u-joints. It took a week for the work to be completed, But the deal he gave me was superb. I showed up at the shop several times during the week to check the progress of the work, and he always was there and willing to let me check on the car and the old parts and the new parts going on. the biggest delay was the rear spring, because he did not have one in stock for my 80, so he had to have one made in St.Louis.

Now the story I read here does not even sound like the same shop, But I think it was BS the way you were treated. Sounds to me like this Justin was the main problem. If Dan was at bloomington Gold, I can see where he might have said something to the effect of " well too bad, I am at Bloomington Gold, and cant just run to the shop right now". I agree that he could have dealt with the situation much better, maybe knock the cost of the hood down by the amount you were out by making a trip for nothing.

It does worry me about the story here, before I would not have thought twice about having him do more work for me, Now I would think twice and talk to him about this before leaving my vette with him again. But I still have to remember the work he did for me and the deal he gave me.

Maybe this is just the way it goes sometimes, one customer is very happy with the service, and another has a bad experience.

I will say I do feel for you and the problems you have had with this, I would be the same way, It would anger me to no end to drive all that way for nothing, and not be able to get the part and wasted the time and money on the trip.

Mike.

As long as I'm throwing my $0.02 around on this thread, I'd say that if you had a good experience doing business with the guy, you should stay confident that he'll treat you right.

I don't know the guy, so this may not apply to him, but, some shops are run by a good mechanic who may not be the greatest businessman, or may not have the best customer service skills, particularly over the phone. But those skills can be learned.

So my theme is the same: customer service, customer service, customer service... (sorry, the dead horse just took another whack!)

Weel, I went to tulsa to get another hood, at DOC"S corvettes. He had it ready and I was in and out in about 5 minutes of time, AND it was cheaper than the one in ST.Charles.

Well, I'm convinced, dammit!! I'll never do business with this guy! And if he ever opens a place out here in Nevada, I still won't!:rotfl

Interested in what happened so far...

Heck, get your refund from the credit card company. You did not get the product. They will refund you and ask the seller questions after. If he's done this a few times before, the credit card people will pull his access to accept credit cards. Then he can sit on his hood forever. If you're heading to Corvettes at Carlisle, somebody will have one for sale!

Chuck

The only thing that I can add is that I have sent these guys a few e-mails asking about some parts for my '81 and I have never had a response. After reading this I guess it was a god thing. :beer

They don't check their e-mails, they won't answer your phone calls, and they won't be at their shop when they say they will!!!!!! BUT they will take your money!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom