Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buying first Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
"OmigoshIpaidtoomuch!!!!"

Do you LIKE the car?
Is it what you want?

If so, get it and to H* with worrying about how much it cost.

My C4 was expensive by CAC standards but Heck, It gives me great pleasure everyday, even just looking at it in the garage. I know I'll never afford any other Vette but I don't really care.

Enjoy it for what it is.:w

Do not make a big mistake by overpaying for a C3 Vette. A 79 at best is worth no more then $6 to $8 if in perfect condition. There are onle a very few investor grade C3's and the one's that are will al have BB engines Period. The rest of the vettes are to enjoyed always remember they are everywhere

Where to buy

Hey Ds, two years ago I decided I was going to buy my vette. I looked locally and found some decent cars, but I also had to have an L82 with 4 speed trans. I found mine on ebay. The key to buying anything is being aware of the true value of the item. I bid my top price and ended up getting a great car. A 1974 #'s matching L82 coupe with only 46,500 miles for $10,000. This car was owned by a guy whose family had grown to the point that no miles where being put on the car. All new steel brakes, new front and rear suspension, new gas tank, plus it was bored and stroked to 383!! Last winter I installed a complete interior. Trust me there are deals out there, just know your price and do your research. Here in southwest Ohio sharks like the ones you are looking for do sell for 8,000K to 11,000K If you find any in this area I would have no problem taking a look. Good Hunting. peace :cool Bud

Unless you could not go on living without that car...

I'd leave it.

I just sold my 1978 about 3 weeks ago. It was a driver, but it was in great mechanical condition. Maybe even better than factory depending who you ask. It was unique- that's what set the price. I got what I wanted for it, not what I put into it. What I put into it was time and enjoyment. THATS WHAT I GOT OUT OF IT!

Buy it because you like it and you'll never be disappointed. If you are asking us, then you probobly don't feel its a good deal either and you are looking for validation!

That's the thing- "original" doesn't always mean it works 100%. If you plan on driving a C3.... buy a driver. Something well maintained with a good history from a good home. Don't buy someone's attempt at turning a profit.

I'm locking this thread. No one has given any bad info or anything of that nature. I'm only locking it because the fellow who asked the question asked it over two years ago and hasn't logged in here in six months. Also, according to this thread from two years ago, he already bought one with help from our members:D.

Eric Whitaker
CAC Community Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom