Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buying tires online

Corvette
2001 navy 'vert
Time for the big order. Can any body tell me how the Tire Rack stacks up?
Seems they have the best price. Good place to deal with??
thanks guys and gals!!

I bought tires from them about a year ago.
No problems, fast shipping and low shipping costs.
I had them shipped directly to the garage that installed them for me.

One thing: You will have to shop around for a good price for installation.

I have bought tires from TireRack many times and have been happy with them.

You might want to check out which tire service centers in your local area may be associated with TireRack for installation. Or, have a installer lined up that does not mind you bringing tires to them from a mail order place.

Ditto the previous 2 posts. Prices are great at Tire Rack but finding someone to install them can be a pain.

I bought 4 tires from Tire Rack 2 years ago for the 'Vette and shipping was only $32!:D They ship fast and their service was helpful over the phone.

Finding a shop to install them is a different story. Seems that a lot of shops don't like installing tires you bought online. They either say they don't install others' tires or they charge you a ridiculous price like $30 a tire. I personally don't understand their attitude with it because that just means I won't be spending any of my money with that shop and I'm going to tell all my friends about their policy as well.

Call around and get a shop lined up first.

I shopped tire rack and when I was ready to buy I went to the local tire store and checked their prices. When I told him I can get a better price on line at tire rack He then said that he couldnt meet that price but he could go $20 per tire over their price wich included mounting and balancing and no shipping!

river vette said:
I shopped tire rack and when I was ready to buy I went to the local tire store and checked their prices. When I told him I can get a better price on line at tire rack He then said that he couldnt meet that price but he could go $20 per tire over their price wich included mounting and balancing and no shipping!

I've had a similar experience. However, I think a little extra to have someone to take care of problems if probably the best way to go. Find someone used to dealing with custom wheels, they will take better care of your gear.

river vette said:

That's not too bad. It would've been $80 more than Tire Rack but you take out $35-40 for shipping so it's not that much more. Plus, you get the service and warranty from your local tire store if anything goes wrong with the tires.

Our local chain (tire kingdom) will BEAT tire rack's price (including shipping) - if they can't beat it, your tires are free. (and they aren't gonna give you free tires) haha Just print out the quote from Tire Rack and cary it in.

http://www.tirekingdom.com/index.do

Tire Rack

I buy all my tires from tire rack. Great service! My local tire dealer doesn't mind me bringing them in and he charges $8 a tire to mount and balance.

Does anyone who already ordered with them how they ship ?

do you think the package can be shipped international ?

prices are really absolutely low at Tire rack

example 255/50/16 $149 tire rack
same tire in Europe 250 Euro = about $ 300

can someone help me what the weight of a single tire will be ?

Rain said:
Our local chain (tire kingdom) will BEAT tire rack's price (including shipping) - if they can't beat it, your tires are free. (and they aren't gonna give you free tires) haha Just print out the quote from Tire Rack and cary it in.

http://www.tirekingdom.com/index.do

It'll be a cold day in hell when Tire Kingdom touches either of my vettes. ;)

callawaycorvette said:
Does anyone who already ordered with them how they ship ?

do you think the package can be shipped international ?

prices are really absolutely low at Tire rack

example 255/50/16 $149 tire rack
same tire in Europe 250 Euro = about $ 300

can someone help me what the weight of a single tire will be ?

I don't know if they ship internationally. You could send them an e-mail or call them; in my experience, they were quite helpful over the phone.

They don't box them, they just use ties to tie a pair of tires up and slap UPS stickers on them.

Gorgon said:
It'll be a cold day in hell when Tire Kingdom touches either of my vettes. ;)

Sorry to hear you have a problem with Tire Kingdom. Certainly a huge step above Sears' and Wal Mart's service center! hahaha

Actually, I think mine is a bit different from other chains. I know most of the guys up there on a first name basis and they know how much more serious a Corvette is than a Camry.
I am put on a special lift when I bring the C4 in. Other than that, I have only had then break down tires or re-mount tires on new wheels and have never had a problem out of them. Matter of fact, I bought a set of 18" Eagle F1s from Tire Kingdom for 10$ cheaper than I could have gotten thru Tire Rack. They were mounted and balaced that day instead of waiting for the UPS man.

But like I said before, different stores are going to be staffed with different classes of people - YMMV ;)

Rain

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom