Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Buzzing from dash??

farne230

Corvette
2008 427 Z06 Special Edition #312
Has anyone experienced a buzzing or high pitched sound coming from the dash area? It turns off when the electrical system is turned off (key off).

I have a 2008 ZO6, plan on taking it in tonight for them to look at. I hope it happens again. Also on and off had the cooling system text show up on the dash every once in a while, had it checked and cooling system was fine. If the buzz happens tonight I will have them change out the cooling sensor.

Thanks,

Usually that "Buzzing" sound is related to a shifter rattle issue, but I thought that was fixed for the 2008 model year.

Has anyone experienced a buzzing or high pitched sound coming from the dash area? It turns off when the electrical system is turned off (key off).

I have a 2008 ZO6, plan on taking it in tonight for them to look at. I hope it happens again. Also on and off had the cooling system text show up on the dash every once in a while, had it checked and cooling system was fine. If the buzz happens tonight I will have them change out the cooling sensor.

Thanks,

If the buzzing or humming is coming from the top of the center dash area it may be a rivet that is no longer holding the dash to the windshield frame.
I had this annoying buzz that became so unbearable when I drove I was ready to trade it in.
Chevy had the car a week when they finally located an confirmed the buzz. They put a lot of miles on the car trying to pin point where and why it was happening.
Anyway, they said it was a rivet that came loose around the windshield frame causing air to create the buzzing sound.
The problem has been fixed and the car is a joy to drive.
I hope your Z is still covered under warranty as this was an expensive repair.
chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom