Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buzzing sound from cluster area

gtzy

Corvette
2001 Conv,T-Red Z51
My 98 conv has a buzzing noise coming from the instr cluster area,it seems to occur at low speeds 5-35mph on deceleration[coasting],I've had the dash out 3 times insulating various brackets with cloth tape,also per service manual I've checked clearance on the AIR pipe to brake line & fuel line stud on dash. Also insulated the instr cluster lens per manual to no avail..

Any solutions??

R

raycdosu

i think mine has a similar noise, except i only hear it when it is cold outside (below freezing). when the car warms up, it goes away. but it's more of a hissing sound than a buzzing sound. the dealer i took it to didn't believe me because by the time i drove it there, the sound had gone away because the car was warmed up. i would be interested in finding out what it was if you are ever able to figure yours out.

D

dmkoger

I had a wierd sound, when I used my turn signals. It was the flasher unit.

D

Drewser

Weird sound

I have a strange whining sound when I'm using my turn signal too. I've been able to ignore it. Did you fix it and how?
--Drew:w

T

Torchy2000

I've heard the phantom noise twice. Short bursts (1-2 seconds max). Freaked me right the hell out!:eek
No confusion here, sounds like an alarm clock buzzer! MUCH LOUDER than any other noise/chime in the car. Came from behind the inst. cluster (I think). Was going to ask ya'll if you'd experienced this before...:confused

Torchy

M

martyg

C5 cluster lens removal

Can you email me the removal proceedure?

silversport

Corvette
2001 QuickSilver Coupe
Do you have the HUD...If so that would be my guess...I get it too!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom