Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buzzing sound from cluster area

gtzy

Corvette
2001 Conv,T-Red Z51
My 98 conv has a buzzing noise coming from the instr cluster area,it seems to occur at low speeds 5-35mph on deceleration[coasting],I've had the dash out 3 times insulating various brackets with cloth tape,also per service manual I've checked clearance on the AIR pipe to brake line & fuel line stud on dash. Also insulated the instr cluster lens per manual to no avail..

Any solutions??

i think mine has a similar noise, except i only hear it when it is cold outside (below freezing). when the car warms up, it goes away. but it's more of a hissing sound than a buzzing sound. the dealer i took it to didn't believe me because by the time i drove it there, the sound had gone away because the car was warmed up. i would be interested in finding out what it was if you are ever able to figure yours out.

I had a wierd sound, when I used my turn signals. It was the flasher unit.

Weird sound

I have a strange whining sound when I'm using my turn signal too. I've been able to ignore it. Did you fix it and how?
--Drew:w

I've heard the phantom noise twice. Short bursts (1-2 seconds max). Freaked me right the hell out!:eek
No confusion here, sounds like an alarm clock buzzer! MUCH LOUDER than any other noise/chime in the car. Came from behind the inst. cluster (I think). Was going to ask ya'll if you'd experienced this before...:confused

Torchy

C5 cluster lens removal

Can you email me the removal proceedure?

Do you have the HUD...If so that would be my guess...I get it too!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom