Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-2 Interior trim gloss question.

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
I am in the process of restoring the complete interior of my 67 Coupe. The interior color is black. So far, I have used Krylon 1613 on the gauge cluster, glove box, dash, column and console. The gloss looks pretty close to what it should be. My concern is, windshield mouldings, halo and tops of the doors look to be have a bit more gloss to them, as well as the rear window interior trim. Should the gloss be greater on some of these parts?? Thanks, Kurt

Kobi
I just repainted on my '65 coupe the moulding pieces over the windshield, over the doors, the halo panel and the rear window surround garnish panels.
Based on a recommendation by JohnZ I used the SEM Trim Black #39143 paint. He said the Krylon #1613 was too flat for these pieces although it would have been fine for the lower windshield molding pieces (that run along the top of the dash)

sorry, not the best pics, but these should give you an idea of the level of gloss:
http://69.253.166.197/page1/page90/page93/page93.html

BarryK. Did you use Krylon 1613 for you dash area?? How was the the combination of SEM/Krylon overall? Would you say it was most correct?? Thanks, Kurt

Kurt

my lower windshield molding were fine so I didn't touch them.
keep in mind that the dash/lower moldings are supposed to be a different sheen than the upper molding above the beltline as I understand it

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom