Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c-4 upkeep

C

cbdxr

i understand the late c-4s 92 and up come with goodyear eagle gsc tires ,that i also find these tires are expencive aprox. 300+ per tire .question is are they truly nessasary or are there sutible replacments that are not so much money without compromising handling & ride

Replace them with whatever suits your drivning needs. I'm running Pirelli P7000 SS on my car, great for wet weather, and also good traction. Pulls 1.9 60' times at the track.

Also not bad on price roughly 170 for the fronts and 209 for the rears.

cbdxr said:
i understand the late c-4s 92 and up come with goodyear eagle gsc tires ,that i also find these tires are expencive aprox. 300+ per tire .question is are they truly nessasary or are there sutible replacments that are not so much money without compromising handling & ride

I totally agree with Jeffvette also take a minute and check out the Our Homepage down in the lower right is a place to enter your car year and seach the "Tire Rack" for prices, I think CACC members get a discount too.. I'm not sure what the % is but might be worth a shot too. Happy shopping :J

I switched from GSCs to Firehawks and love the difference. Got 'em through the The Tire Rack, found here in our Portal. -- Moderately priced. :D

Check out this related thread (scroll to the posts regarding tires) 94 shock question as you should this one as well Tires

Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

They stopped making certain sizes of the GSC's ....so it does depend on year.................we searched around and liked Hoosiers the best..........reasonably priced...good performance.......somone mentioned tire rack.....we avoid them like the plaugue........"Luke" tried to sell us GT+4's......great tire for the Vette eh??

Dave,
I went for rubber on the 85 and must have looked at every tire made in my size. I went with the Dunlop 5000 second choice was Firehawk. I can't say enough good things about the Dunlop. I only needed a high performance summer tire( not too much snow here in FL) and she sticks and corners as good as any tire I've had on the car and even better in rain. I will say that Goodyears will never go on my cars, definitely over priced for their performance and not the best of rides. As another member said, buy what works for you.

Well, in Denver there is a bit of snow now and then. (By lunch it is usually off the roads!) I picked up a set of GS-C's last year for $250, so I ran them. (Dad found them in the paper, what a gift!) They handle better than the General XP2000's that were on it when I bought it. The GS-C's even work in the snow. Ok, I have the traction system, but the combination had me driving along with eveyone else.

I just put on a some Falcons (502?) . They are a bit noisier than GS-C, and you feel the edges when you are close to a stop. I am having an alignment Friday, that may help. A Vette shop here in town loves them (traction in wet/dry, and snow), so I tried them.

-Mike

Tires

I'm trying something different this time. I went with Kumho's. They seem to hold as well as others but are considerably less. You can see a slight difference when you really push in the corning. So far I'm very happy with the performance and balance. Yes. the Tire Rack is well worth looking into, also discount tire has a compareable price. I like the way they let you compare ratings is great. It all boils down to how you drive. Go to the meets and look what everyone is running.
Lots of luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom