Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C-5 air dam or spoiler

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
I have the two end sections of the air dam under the front of my 2003, they sort of sag where they make the turn to run along the front end nose clip. I replaced the entire air dam, but the two corner sections have this sag at the bend and I was wondering if there's some device or bracket that would snug up the sag area. There isn't any bolts where the bend is, so there isn't anything to tighten and I'm not missing any of the fasteners. Mid-Amercia sells a item that is suppose to fix this problem, but when I got them, their just a piece of plastic, Mid-America catalog # 607-033 I think this would work, but it would need to be made out of metal. Any ideas are welcome.:W

I have the same problem with my 01'. I also bought the plastic pieces from Mid America. Of course just like my lowering bolts the pieces sit on my workbench awaiting install. Now that I know that the plastic reinforcements wont solve my problem, I won't be in so much of a hurry to get them on. When someone has a cure, please post it:w

Those plastic reinforcement pieces make good templates for some heavy sheet metal pieces you can make. Use the plastic pieces as a "washer" between the dam and the metal reinforcment.

I guess I'll have to go look and see what you are talking about. I don't notice mine doing that....but then again I've only had the 01 for a week and a half and haven't really looked.

I have noticed that all of the attachment points on the corner pieces are made to have some "give". If you make them too rigid, would that not be a good idea either? I mean, I would hate to start tearing pieces off the nose of my car.;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom