Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-5 seat bottom removal.

Rabbit

Corvette
2004 C5 coupe, MSGM & 2014 Cad SRX Crystal red
How is the seat bottom removed on C5 power seats?

Just purchased & bolsters do not work on drivers side. Any input appreciated.

Thank,

How is the seat bottom removed on C5 power seats?

Just purchased & bolsters do not work on drivers side. Any input appreciated.

Thank,

Not sure I understand the question, the seat is removed with 4 bolts attached to the floor and a few wire connectors under the seat that can be disconnected by tilting the seat back, then remove the complete seat.

Why would you want to remove the bottom of the seat from the back?

Not sure I understand the question, the seat is removed with 4 bolts attached to the floor and a few wire connectors under the seat that can be disconnected by tilting the seat back, then remove the complete seat.

Why would you want to remove the bottom of the seat from the back?

Bolster switches are not functioning.

Bolster switches are not functioning.

You have the sport seats with the upper backside side bolsters that move in and out, but do not work?

You have the sport seats with the upper backside side bolsters that move in and out, but do not work?

That's correct. The switches (3) are out. No function . Have to access the switches or motor? Try your advice & tilt back & try to move the connections around.

Took your advise, jiggled some wires & bingo...everything works. This C-5 is new to me. Definitely a different animal than my C-4.

Took your advise, jiggled some wires & bingo...everything works. This C-5 is new to me. Definitely a different animal than my C-4.

Great, now you know where to start if it happens again. If it does then move the connectors very carefully and slowly (with the seat propped up) to see if you can pinpoint the connector, pin fit can be an issue.

Hopefully you are done with it. :)

Great, now you know where to start if it happens again. If it does then move the connectors very carefully and slowly (with the seat propped up) to see if you can pinpoint the connector, pin fit can be an issue.

Hopefully you are done with it. :)

Ciao, :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom