Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-6 wheels

C6driver

Corvette
2005 Magnetic Red Coupe
I washed the C-6 Saturday and dried it with my micro-fiber towel but my chrome wheels have some water spots on them. Is it safe to use windex or something similar to clean my wheels to a mirror like shine?

Yep, windex (or the similar) is good. In fact, when I picked mine up last week, the detail guy at the detailer told me to use windex and a soft cloth on the wheels.

I'll take this a step further by highly suggesting that you wax the chrome wheels. You can use any wax/polish that you use on the car.

Elaine

I thought of wax but I thought I saw somewhere that the chrome needed to breath and wax would not allow that

I thought of wax but I thought I saw somewhere that the chrome needed to breath and wax would not allow that

I had heard that, also, but I've been waxing the chrome wheels on our '02 for almost 5 years, and they still look great. I've started doing the same with the '05's chrome wheels which are brand new. Hoping that will keep them looking great.

One thing we always try to do is to wipe down the wheels after every drive. The "barrels" of the wheels collect brake dust, and I think that is pretty corrisive stuff so we want to get as much of it off as possible.

Elaine

I guess mine is too new, because I'm chicken to wax the wheels right now. They look great!!!!

Anyway, if you decide to wax them, make sure there is no petroleoum products in the wax. I used Meguir's NXT on my C5 rims.

c-6 wheels

If you really want to go the extra mile:W

I removed the inside coating & polished them.:drool:

It wasn't that hard but it turned out great & is easier to keep clean from the rotor drippings.:beer

WAYNES WORLD

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom