Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-6 WINDOWS

MCMLVII

Corvette
BLACK 57, blu 15 vert
Just picked up a 2006 convertible. Neither window lowers completely into the door. Driver side is up about 1/2" and passenger side is up about 1/8". Is this normal?

Thanks,

MCMLVII

MCMLVII said:
Just picked up a 2006 convertible. Neither window lowers completely into the door. Driver side is up about 1/2" and passenger side is up about 1/8". Is this normal?

Thanks,

MCMLVII
it is not normal

Read the manuel. You need to index the windows. This should take care of the problem.

Vertblk said:
Read the manuel. You need to index the windows. This should take care of the problem.

Tried indexing the windows. Did not seem to help. They go up and seal properly but do not go down all the way. Its not much, but does not seem right.

MCMLVII

It's not right - see your dealer.:W

C-6 Windows

If they index completely when the doors are closed, then I would take it in for warranty work. My guess is that one of the computers need to be re-set. I had a similar problem I was in and out of the dealer within an hour.

Good luck.

slprl

Thanks,

Called the dealer, they are looking into it. They are checking with another dealer that services a lot of Corvettes.

Will post how this turns out.

MCMLVII

Dealer called back.

They suggested to lower the windows, hold the switch down fot 5 seconds, release and hold for 5 more seconds.

This fixed the driver side window and improved the passenger side window.

Window indexing in the manual only refers to raising the windows not lowering them.

Thanks to all for the help.

MCMLVII

What ever happened to the days of ripping the door apart and adjusting the stops?

Gone, thank God!

Follow-up,

The passenger side seems to "fixed" itself. Now both sides are fine.

Amazing!

MCMLVII

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom