Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1-C2 Interior parts manufacturer direct

• Thread starter Thread starter studiog
  • Start date Start date
S

studiog

C1-C2 Interior parts... manufacturer direct

Came across this link this morning and thought it might be of interest to many of you. Has anyone heard of Romeo Engineering. I talked to the owner this morning and he says he is a major supplier of interior components to many of the Corvette catalog dealers. The manufacturer direct pricing is very attractive. They have a PDF catalog on their site.

Yup - Romeo Engineering has been in business for a long time, and has a good reputation for quality.
:beer

studiog said:
Came across this link this morning and thought it might be of interest to many of you. Has anyone heard of Romeo Engineering. I talked to the owner this morning and he says he is a major supplier of interior components to many of the Corvette catalog dealers. The manufacturer direct pricing is very attractive. They have a PDF catalog on their site.

you mean these guys, right?

http://www.romeoengineering.com/

JohnZ said:
Yup - Romeo Engineering has been in business for a long time, and has a good reputation for quality.
:beer
An endorsement from you John makes me very comfortable placing an order with them.

studiog said:
One important thing I should have mentioned. He also said they are very busy right now and lead times on some items are as long as 8 weeks.

studiog

I tried to call them when I purchased my dash pad and some other interior items. I couldn't get someone to answer the phone. I gave up and purchased through Paragon and they provided an Al Knoch interior for less money than I could buy it direct. I have read on other forums that their carpet is very, very, good, but their lead times sometimes grows after purchase. It will be interesting to hear the results of your purchase.

Are you restoring you 61 to NCRS specs. I have a good set of pictures of the original suspension, drive shaft and differential markings if you are interested.

Ray

61 Silver said:
studiog

I gave up and purchased through Paragon and they provided an Al Knoch interior for less money than I could buy it direct.

Ray

My expierience was similar. After several promises to ship for items that "were in stock" over the course of at least 6 or 7 weeks, I cancelled my Romeo order and took my business elsewhere.

You may want to check this out!

Ray
http://www.ncrs.org/forum/tech.cgi/noframes/read/162944#163160

studiog said:

61 Silver said:
...Are you restoring you 61 to NCRS specs. I have a good set of pictures of the original suspension, drive shaft and differential markings if you are interested...

Hi Ray: If your offer is good for me also, I'd surely like whatever photos you have. Thank you, Karl 5367resto@direcway.com

61 Silver said:
studiog

I tried to call them when I purchased my dash pad and some other interior items. I couldn't get someone to answer the phone. I gave up and purchased through Paragon and they provided an Al Knoch interior for less money than I could buy it direct. I have read on other forums that their carpet is very, very, good, but their lead times sometimes grows after purchase. It will be interesting to hear the results of your purchase.

Are you restoring you 61 to NCRS specs. I have a good set of pictures of the original suspension, drive shaft and differential markings if you are interested.

Ray

Hi Ray, It seems there are several of us who are interested in the chassis markings. They would be much appreciated.
Gary

Gary,

I had your email address but it is hiding some where in my computer. If you will provide it again I will sent you pictures of the suspension markings.

Ray

Al Knoch Interiors

If any forum member wants to buy any of our interior products direct, E mail me through my personal web page at http://www.nitroalley.net and I promise a quick delivery. :D

wallyknoch said:
If any forum member wants to buy any of our interior products direct, E mail me through my personal web page at http://www.nitroalley.net and I promise a quick delivery. :D
Thanks much Wally. Will definitely keep it in mind. I will need a whole new interior soon. I am just trying to finish the brightwork on the outside first before I jump to the interior.

I just found out about Romeo as well... Prices look tempting... Is delivery still an issue?

Yes, it is - if you have the patience of Job and don't care if you never get the parts you ordered, go for it. :eyerole

How about quality...is he as good as Corvette America or Al Knoch?

Cheers

Kenmo aka Stemmer

I would say the quality is no better or no worse than most of the others out there. He is very slow on delivery and doesn't always answer the phone. But you can't beat the prices.;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom