Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - full set of teeth

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
this was not fun...these dentures were painful to install...:W

GS8J08582-vi.jpg

GS8J08722-vi.jpg

GS8J0894s-vi.jpg

GS8J08872-vi.jpg

They look out of alignment to me. :L Sorry. I couldn't resist. Actually they look great. I'll bet you're relieved that this job is done..

tom

The gaps between the teeth on each end (outermost 2 teeth) look a little narrower than the others????

They look OK to me though! Take it to Carlisle!
DZ

The gaps between the teeth on each end (outermost 2 teeth) look a little narrower than the others????
DZ
good catch....they ARE! die grinder at work!!!

Are yours reproduction teeth and is that why the angle is off slightly?

Tom

Are yours reproduction teeth and is that why the angle is off slightly?

Tom
I borrowed an original grill bar from a friend to compare, even a spare bumper thinking I had a 61/62 bumper. I have no idea why the front end seems to be closer than it should be. I could get the two bumpers to fit perfectly, but when I stuck the grill in the span increased a lot. If I had the bumpers where I wanted them, then the grill bar was 1.5 inches too WIDE! Yet the grill bar measured within 1/8 of an original bar.

I couldn't trust my old grill bar because who ever had it before had welded the tabs on so there was no telling what they did to get it to fit.

Remember I replaced the front end fiberglass pieces with new press molded pieces out of Corvette Image. Everything lined up well, but wasn't sure what happened with the bumpers and grill bar.

AFter fussing and fussing and getting further and further behind schedule with the front bumpers (over 50 hours in them) I decided that I was going to make them fit and while the bumpers are not in the ideal position, more of a compromise position, they are OK. The hit was in the grill teeth as I probably took out 3/4" to 1" total off both ends.

I decided to do this after I saw this car at Hot Rod Power Tour and was studying the photos and realized they had adjusted on one end.
GS8J9968Small1-vi.jpg

GS8J9942Small-vi.jpg

the tooth on the right is closer to the second tooth than the one on the far left. I even took the original photos and blew them up on Photoshop and then measured them. I could measure a difference, I don't know the scale I was working in, but they were not the same in both photos while all the other teeth were.

Here is some more photos of this car....
GS8J9945Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9967Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9966Small-vi.jpg

When I saw this car I couldn't believe it, right color, and most importantly it had the same low bad a$$ stance to it.

compared to mine....
GS8J0963Small-vi.jpg

and of course my grill teeth....
GS8J0958Small-vi.jpg

I thought about moving the second tooth on each side inboard 1/4 to 3/8" and I still may. Then while you will be able to tell that it is different it won't be as pronounced........there ya go!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom