Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - ok, needle painted RED....speedo cluster

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
ok, got it painted last night and put back together this morning.....here ya go, it does look much better!!

IMG_1125Small2-vi.jpg

IMG_1120Small-vi.jpg

ooooh!

purty:D

Looks great

the best word I could use for it is

Classical

I just looks great

Best part is the average car person will have no clue they will think its stock

So what do I admire in a car is all of the small minor details that you have to really study a car to find. That what I feel makes for a well built car.

Now I am not saying they are minor details to do, I can only imagine how much work you had to do to make that happen, but when all is said and done and the car is all together it just looks like a small minor detail

Hope your still having fun with it

Now it looks great... Before... it looks good. :)

-Mac

Hope your still having fun with it
still having fun, but there is so much to do.....taking it apart was EASY.....getting it back together is not so easy. Trying to get everything to look just right is not easy. The side trim I thought would have been easy, but I am finding it to be like everything else, not easy! You want it to look right, you have to take the time to fuss with it.

I have been trying to get things done the first time so that I don't have to come back and touch them again to get them right. I am finding that is easier said than done.

I need to get back on the side molding and put those attached clips in place first then get everything else in place and attached. the front bumpers while I thought I was done each have something in the fit up that isn't right so I have to go back and fuss with those.

Did I say elevctrical? UGH......Fortuantely a friend stopped over on Saturday and we tackled the front wiring. We used the conduit that I had run down inside the wheel well to hide the wires. we also ran the electric hood opener motor wires through it...there is like no room left in it for any more wires, I hope we got them all.

I was hoping to get the dash pad on this weekend, but didnt get that far. Any comments or suggestions before I get after that?

Having fun in Ohio.......Herb

Very nice Herb. They look like they belong there where so many others look out of place. Good choice in instrumants.

thanks Tom......believe it or not, I am taking it apart one more time because I got a reply from the technical guys at Stewart Warner on the color of the neddle. He told me what they do for prototyping parts so I got some of that paint and will see if it matches better than what I have so far.

the endless pursuit of perfection!!!! YIKES....it is wearing me out!!!!

DAT'S MUCH BETTAH!!

the endless pursuit of perfection!!!! YIKES....it is wearing me out!!!!

You know it's a lot easier if you just strip them down and then forget about them for 30 years or so.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom